All reviews felt like home comfortable rooms railway station barron betty ireland breakfast avoiding hosts
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Beautifully situated with great views wherever you look. I had a double aspect room and could watch the sheep in the fields at the back or across Belfast Lough. I sat with a coffee and watched the sun set over the water from the comfort of my room. There was a plentiful supply of tea and coffee with a lovely selection of biscuits if you wanted them. Nothing was spared. There were even sweets in a little glass bowl. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast amazing. This was served in front of a huge log fire. Betty the owner is a very friendly lady and a pleasure to talk to. Her helpers were efficient and friendly. This place is to be recommended highly for comfort, food, views. friendliness and cleanliness. Top marks.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Sandrabasset
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed two nights. Immediately felt like I was home. Treated as if I was one of the family. Betty is a real lovely lady- very motherly. Room was lovely with view over Belfast Lough. Food lovely especially the fresh fruit salad and full Irish. Can't recommend it too highly and free wifi!!!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank M0ville
Reviewed 1 January 2013

What a great frarmhouse B&B....our hostess, Betty, made us feel like family! Great room with a view of the sheep in the field. Sort easy trip by car to the train station which took us to Belfast. Accommodations were great....very comfortable bed...and quiet! Excellent breakfast! Easy to find and lots of parking! We both recommend this as a must stop in Ireland!

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank r0naleelyler
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while we toured the area. Betty, who runs the B&B is a wonderful, friendly and helpful person. It is old-fashioned, but our stay was very comfortable and we lacked for nothing - including a TV in the room. Terrific, freshly prepared breakfasts each morning. Lovely stay!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole611
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights before crossing back to Scotland. The lady who runs this guest house is so nice as is her staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was on the small side for 3 adults but adequate. Bathroom was lovely. Breakfast was good as well. All in all I have no complaints and would certainly stay there again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: August 2012