“lovely food and welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Stray Dog
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
“lovely food and welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We had a meal in the stray dog on saturday. The food was honestly lovely, as was the warm welcome. This is quite a new restaurant in carrick and I would advise anyone to try it. The menu is a wee bit different, and it was hard to choose what to try, so I will be back to try some more! The value for the quality of food was brilliant, and bring your own wine. We had 2 courses , and the dessert, well...... home made and delicious. Give it a go, you will be glad you did. We will be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jackieweb

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We came to The Stray Dog on Saturday night. It was quiet but this was fine as the waitress was so friendly and chatty. The food was delicious.We had a child with us and nothing was too much trouble to get what she wanted for her meal. The 2xcourses for £15 deal is great value. Vegetarian options were so good. It is BYO which adds to the evening. I will definitely be back and I strongly recommend that you try this gem of a restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Co Antrim
“Restaurant ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is first time I have encountered a restaurant that was closed for lunch , having read reviews my wife and I planned a trip to This place for lunch on Friday 20th September , having arrived at 12.00 p.m. we were informed that they had hired the restaurant out for a meeting , which appeared to consist of a number of people a one a large table leaving several tables unoccupied , we were refused entry and offered a take away meal instead , god knows what overseas visitors would have thought of this arrangement. Thank goodness for the courtyard who found us a table and served us a hearty lunch. I cannot comment on the Stray Dogs food and we did not even get the chance to smell it. Bring a packed lunch if you intend to visit this place.

• Visited September 2013
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Best food in Carrick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I took my son and my little girls here in April. The staff were wonderful. Service was excellent. The restaurant had only just opened and had no kids menu yet. This was no problem for the chef. He made the girls the yummiest goujons they had ever had. The potato dauphinoise and pork belly were the best we had tasted anywhere, ever!

We all had a great meal and would love to go back!

• Visited April 2013
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I took my grown up sons for an evening meal. The food was bistro style good menu and good value for money. The staff are friendly and its BYOB!

• Visited August 2013