“Lovely place for lunch on a Saturday”
Review of The Stray Dog - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Me and a few friends came here for lunch and loved it. Great food, great service, and the parfait lived to its name. Brilliant.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Two friends and myself ate here on Saturday night (23rd Nov). The waitress made us feel very welcome and was very attentive. She was very informative about the ingredients used. We had salmon fishcakes ( a little more chilli sauce would have ben nice, but not a major problem) and pate for starters, really nice, mains were pork belly, monkfish and sirloin steak - all 3 were delicious. For desert we had a lemon posset with amaretti crumb - (to die for) and raspberry parfait with lemon shortbread, again delicious.
We will certainly be going back here again, the food is excellent and great value for money (2 courses for £15 or 3 courses for £18).

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Myself and three friends had a lovely meal here on a Friday evening. We all had the three course deal for £18 and it was certainly great value for money.
Chicken caesar salad starter was the best I have eaten in quite some time. For mains, I had slow cooked pork belly with black pudding, red cabbage puree and potato dauphinoise - portions were perfect and the cabbage puree was delicious - I would have liked more of it on the plate as opposed to it dressing the black pudding.
I never order dessert as I normally don't like stodge but did so, and the chocolate brownie with warm vanilla ice cream was superb - faultless.
I don't know why this restaurant is not well attended - the chef is really making an effort.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place was amazing, very high quality of food, a very unique menu and a price you could not beat. £15 for 2 courses of £18 for 3!! And with a hot chocolate brownie with ice cream you will add the desert on!! The place deserves to be booked solid every night!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had a lunch here during the week with visitors over from America - every single one of us left very impressed with the food, service, atmosphere and general all round experience!

Menu was great and catered for everyone and the waitress could not have been more attentive nor helpful - when she wasn't quite sure of something the owner/chef came out and took the time out to go over the ingredients and make sure we were happy with everything before ordering.

I rarely come on here to review places, but as a new business (the waitress told us they have only been opened a few months??) I wish them all the very best in what will undoubtedly be a bright future.

I also read some negative reviews on here and am very glad we chose to ignore them - people are all to quick to complain about the negative but sadly very lax when it comes to giving positive reinforcement in this country.