Stayed here for two nights and it was fine. The rooms were clean and comfy and the price was reasonable. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the location is ideal for staying on the North side of Belfast. My only concern was the fire alarm. It went off three times within an hour or so on the first night. That's not an issue; these things happen and even if it's annoying at 0100 - there's nothing for it. I was more perturbed by the lack of management of the fire alarm. It is, I was told, Premier Inn policy that they clear the disabled room but make no effort to evacuate the rest of the hotel. While I understand their employees are not firemen, I think this was an example of why that policy is flawed - just because the first incident was a false alarm (or perceived to be a false alarm) doesn't mean the second or third are. And if it had gone off the next night, most of the residents would have just ignored it. Think about it, Premier inn - if it is a false alarm, you need to find some way of relaying that via a tannoy or some such; one of these days, in one of your hotels someone might just wrongly assume that it's 'another' false alarm. Premier Inn credited us in full for the disrupted night's sleep - that was appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning coastline, gorgeous countryside and a thriving, historic town... there's loads to see and do at the Premier Inn Hotel Carrickfergus. In fact with so much to do within a mile of the front door - plus popular business destinations only slightly further away - your first visit is unlikely to be your last. Step back in time at Carrickfergus Castle and Museum, before stepping out to its Marina and smartly refurbished Amphitheatre leisure centre. And, if it's the right time of year, follow the steps at the Annual Irish Dancing Championships. Either way, kick back at our tasty Brewers Fayre restaurant before diving into your incredibly comfy bed. Important info This hotel is situated next to a main road. Bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Directions: M2(J2) out of Belfast City, follow M5 North onto A2 towards Carrickfergus along coast road. Follow signs to the Castle/Maritime Area. Turn right at roundabout adjacent to the castle. Hotel situated straight ahead, 9.5 miles from Belfast. Next to the Harbour Brewers Fayre. Transport and local information: Carrickfergus Castle Historic Site Belfast City Airport 11 miles County Antrim coastline Carrickfergus Train Station 0.5 mile George Best City Airport 11 miles Belfast International Airport 22 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel Carrickfergus
- Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel Northern Ireland