All reviews within walking distance our room was spacious giants causeway the wifi worked great lovely hosts northern ireland delicious breakfast the location is perfect definitely stay here again beautiful coastline place to stay stayed two nights the pub warm welcome yogurt other attractions dunluce castle
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Booked Ardtrabane House following google search for Botique B&B at the Causeway. Booked a room for myself and my daughter (10) for a wee night away as a treat. From the minute we arrived I knew I had booked an exceptional B&B. Don met us showed us our room and gave us some suggestions of where to eat for a snack in Bushmills and surrounding area. When we returned we met Maureen who suggested a visit to the Giants Causeway at sunset rather than during the day with the hoards of tourists - and we were not disappointed. An exceptionally short walk from the house was the path leading down to the causeway and what views. We had a twin room ( one single and one double bed - both very comfortable), flat screen tv, desk, tea & coffee facilities and the most amazing ensuite wet room which was spotlessly clean. After a great nights sleep we woke to a spectacular breakfast from cereal, fruit, yogurts and the best Ulster Fry we have ever had. This brought us to the end of our stay and again took Maureen's advice in visiting the Rope Bridge before 10:30 and you basically have the bridge to yourself - and she wasn't too far wrong. Overall the most amazing B&B I have ever stayed at and even better than some of the 4-5 star hotels I have stayed in! A wonderful and welcoming couple with an amazing and beautiful home, who made us feeling very welcome into their home. I cannot recommend highly enough to stay here. We can't wait to go back before school holidays are over.

Room Tip: Whichever room you book you will be thoroughly impressed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for two nights' B&B in June 2012. The house is within walking distance of the Giant's Causeway and the cliff tops above it. It's an easy drive to other attractions. Spotlessly clean room, a quiet place to stay, comfortable bed, excellent breakfasts, very helpful hosts...........if you are coming to this area, there's no need to look for anywhere else to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JackNicklaus
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I together with another couple stayed here for two nights at the end of May. We had a terrific stay. The location within walking distance of the Giant's causeway was excellent and the rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable with all the facilities that one could want. The bed was one of the most comfortable in which I have ever stayed. The view over the open countryside from our bedroom window was great. Make sure that you don't eat too much the night before because the breakfast is memorable. Best of all Don and Maureen are such a nice couple who welcome you into their house with open arms and provide great local advice. We have no hesitation in recommending this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LadyPParker
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a great place to stay 1) the room we had was a fantastic size and extremely clean 2) breakfast was awesome and such a huge variety, I just wish I could’ve fitted more in 3) Maureen & Don are very friendly and personable, they make you feel right at home 4) Maureen & Don have great knowledge of the local area 5) the location is perfect to visit in particular the Giant’s Causeway plus many other local attractions

I would definitely stay here again and wish Maureen & Don all the success in the future!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Narelle S
ardtrabanehouse, Owner at Ardtrabane House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you Narelle S for taking the time to write a great review on Ardtrabane House we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The fact that you both had a pleasant stay here is very important to us. We enjoy doing this job and we enjoy meeting and interacting with people. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope we will see you both again sometime you will certainly be most welcome. Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

The Ardtrabane House met all our expectations and we became friends with both Don and Maureen. We stayed there two nights at the end of March, Their home is impeccably clean, the room was huge with a lovely view of the fields and both went out of their way to make us feel at home. We were able to reach the Giant's Causeway right from their home, and enjoyed the wonderful weather we had. It was an ideal spot to see the nearby Castles and take the Bushmill's Distillery Tour. We took their advice and ate dinner at Tirtane in downtown Bushmills, which was excellent. Their breakfasts were excellent, esp. the porridge with Baileys Irish Cream and the view from the dining room of the harbor was gorgeous!. They also had nice postcards of the Giant Causeway and the area. All in all, we would stay there again and know now we absolutely made the right choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosecmj
ardtrabanehouse, Owner at Ardtrabane House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you rosecmj for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our B&B and also your very kind comments regarding ourselves we really appreciate it. When I read your review it reminded me that we are really lucky to live where we do and we do realise that this is a beautiful area and we never get tired of looking at the scenery, what is even better as you say we do get great views out our own windows. I also love the porridge with the Bailey’s Irish Cream, but normally I just get the porridge, apparently (I am told) the Irish Cream is reserved for the guests!!! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we would be delighted to see you again in the future. Best wishes.