Causeway Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
PortCaman House(Bushmills)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational trustfree entrysteakvisitor centersunday carverylovely hotelthe cliffstunning locationold world charmsea viewlarge roomsconesan evening mealsalmonboth nightslovely roomweekend break
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Done the causeway tour then went and got a spot of lunch.lovey looking decor but that's it kinda went wrong.order soup and a sandwich and my other half order her meal.out came my sandwich no soup waiter went back for my soup but then I realised it wasn't the sandwich I ordered another waiter came over asking was all ok I told him no wrong sandwich,he took it away I told him what I ordered but he was gone to get me another one he,then another person came apologising then the sandwich came back still wrong again without the side salad or my soup which I had to ask for.i just gave up and ate the sandwich as my other half had her meal finished.

I just could not get it I ordered a sandwich of the menus yet who ever was in the kitchen or who ever took my order made a mess of things, yet not one waiter bothered to actually as or listen to me on what I ordered and I ended up dealing with 3 different waiting staff for a simple soup and sandwich which they could not get right.all in all a mess and the soup was well very average at most.a disappointing end to my causeway visit

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vitara07
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in a few hotels in Ireland, but only a few really stood out, this was one of them, from the start staff were sooo helpful and able to help with any problems. The food was amazing, we had booked to have an evening meal, my husband said it was the best pork he had ever eaten, and the breakfast was good tooo!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We started our tour of Ireland in this hotel after working our way up from Dublin Port! After that drive its safe to say that the bar was the first stop for us! We has a quick drink in the cosy bar on the comfy sofa looking out onto the visitor centre watching the world go by and as we were early the staff came to find us once it was ready! Really friendly team and didn't rush us or make us feel bad for being early in the slightest! We finished our drinks and went off to the room and found it to be really spacious and a massive bathroom! Only complaint was that the bathroom smelt of wee - quite strongly but once we used to it it wasn't so bad. On the other hand the shower was amazing! So strong! Was lovely after a rainy day on the rocks! We stayed in the hotel for our meal and the meal was lovely! MASSIVE portions for mains!! I am gluten free too and they catered for me really well! Really appreciated the effort the kitchen went to and the food was really tasty! Couldn't fault it! We had had some drinks in the bar before eating and when we returned the bar tender 'big john' had saved our seats for us. It was quiet any way but it was a lovely touch! He then entertained us all night chatting and replaced our drinks on order without forgetting our round, not hard for some but, again, a nice touch. Had a great nights sleep and LOADS of choice at breakfast and a lovely smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for me! Delish! Overall great hotel, great food and great service - couldn't ask for more!

Room Tip: As it was a quiet night I think we got a sea view room - but even on a busy night its worth an ask!!
Reviewed 26 May 2014

just back from a lovely weekend in hotel.hotel staff excellent especially jamie and Samantha very friendly and helpful. food excellent you wont go home hungry. will definitely be going back, loved it.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is graciously decorated, and our room was very pleasant, with a view of the sea. Best of all, the location couldn't be better for visiting the Giants Causeway, because the Visitors' Centre is next to the hotel car park, and it is literally just a short walk from the hotel to the Causeway itself. In fact, on the recommendation of one of the staff, we walked down to the Causeway after dinner to see it under the stars -- magic! We're looking forward to coming back for another stay at this lovely hotel soon.

1  Thank LorraineSS