“Fab Family weekend!”

Causeway Smithy B&B
Ranked #8 of 27 Bushmills B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a fantastic stay in Causeway Smithy over a rainy 12th weekend. The annex that houses the 2 double rooms we has a shared family/ breakfast/ sitting room which has tea and coffee making facilities, a toaster, TV, sofa and big dining table so is perfect if you want to make a snack for the kids, get a takeout meal or just have a cup of tea at anytime of the day.
The decor is modern with a country twist but with ex suites there are all the mod cons you can need.
The setup is best rented as the 2 rooms together with friends or family as this way you can have the whole place to yourself with the shared living area.
Denise is a genial host and brings breakfast to you in the morning and is happy to accommodate whatever you like.
There's is lots of great literature on the area and Denise is happy to recommend restaurants, places to visit and traveller tips.

Room Tip: Book both the rooms together with another couple or family so you can share the whole annex and livi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rosieposie1967
BushmillsSmithy, Owner at Causeway Smithy B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank-you so much; I am delighted you enjoyed your stay! your comments are very much appreciated .

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I wish I could say I got the same warm welcome that all the previous reviews had, but I did not. We arrived early (no earlier than 3 and check in is at 4) and we were greeted with an attitude. But we brushed that off. We ordered the afternoon tea which was literally a ham sandwich, a scone with jam and cream and a bun per person. No actual "selection" as described. That cost was £10 per person (a bit steep in my opinion). The room we were in was lovely, well decorated and quaint and the b&b was in a lovelly area right between the causeway and bushmills with beautiful scenery surrounding. I would have liked a full length mirror in our room but that wasn't a problem just an observation. Breakfast was a fry, it was nice. I feel we were treated differently as we booked our stay with a groupon deal and would recommend anyone not to get it. It's just a pity as it was a mother's day gift to my mum who had been looking forward to it for a couple of months. I will most definitely not be returning. We didn't let the attitude problem of our "host" ruin our stay and enjoyed all the surrounding activities available.

• Stayed: June 2014
15  Thank LMcK1990

I am a shocked at your review as when you arrived over an hour early for your check in and afternoon tea; I welcomed you into the smithy; also I recognized your mother Marie from a slimming group that I used to hold as one of my slimmers; I got the feeling she wasn't very happy to chat to me at all!! I tired to engage in conversation but neither of you were very forthcoming. In fact I felt very uncomfortable in your presence during your stay.

I served the afternoon tea which was comprised of home baked local ham finger sandwiches; home baked scones with freshly whipped cream and home made Jam; plus 2 beautiful cup cakes.

You phoned me after your stay to complain about the cost of the Afternoon tea and I offered you your money back if you you really were not happy; you were very aggressive to me on the phone.
you are entitled to your opinion but I run a lovely bed and breakfast in my own home and have fabulous reviews so I am sure on balance anyone reading this will realize that it is impossible to please everyone and get everything right.
regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

beautiful view from our room, beautiful breakfast, denise is the perfect host welcoming, nothing is to much trouble, the b&b is a nice country walk away from the giants causeway, and the 'nook' pub, its such a relaxing place, would highly recommend. went for the north west 200 road races so it was a welcome retreat at the end of a days racing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fdonnelly77
BushmillsSmithy, Owner at Causeway Smithy B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Debbie it was great to meet you and have you stay in the smithy! the weather was kind and glad you enjoyed your stay, thank-you for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my son in January. We arrived on a miserable cold rainy night. Greeted by the lovely denise who made us very welcome. Room was clean warm and just lovely. Very good prices. Will defo be back, also.. breakfast was beautiful and made to suit us. Much appreciated .ty denise...

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank momof2beautiesx

thank-you for your kind review! we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our home

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a great nights stay at Causeway Smithy with a lovely host ,Denise who was very welcoming . The bedroom is tastefully decorated ,with a very comfortable bed , en-suite toilet and shower cubicle . You also have the use of a lounge / dining area . As you have your own key to the house and your room , you are free to come and go without disturbing anyone . There is room to park a car at the back of the house and a patio with chairs and table . Lovely view from the bedroom / lounge looking over the countryside. All in all a fine place to stay , lovely cooked breakfast and good wi-fi connection , we would highly recommend you give it a try .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bookerBelfast
BushmillsSmithy, Owner at Causeway Smithy B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Awe thank-you so much for your lovely review! it was a pleasure to have you stay!
kind rgds

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and were warmly welcomed by Denise and les. There was plenty of leaflets and information on the surrounding area for us. The bedroom was very homely...complete with robes and a hot water bottle. We ate in the bay view hotel and had a few drinks, there was also live music and I would recommend coming here on a sat night as its 5 pounds in a taxi. The bed is amazing...I literally did not want to get out!! Denise made us a proper Ulster fry which was delicious. I will definetly be back here again in the summer!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natzxx1987
BushmillsSmithy, Owner at Causeway Smithy B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank-you and so glad you enjoyed your stay! yes its a great area around here lots to do! come back soon;

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming. We arrived early and were able to drop our bags off early so we could go to the giants causeway. Very close to this which is a must see. Denise was lovely and accommodating to our needs, even given us a lift to catch the bus!

Will definitely visit again if we come to bushmills.

• Stayed: January 2014

pleasure to have you stay; thank-you for the lovely review of the smithy!