“Quick lunch”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It's a nice small friendly place for a quick lunch on the way. We ate the toast with salad - it was tasty. The staff was friendly.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Basic foor and drinks served daily in a friendly atmosphere.
Good for a cuppa and chat, located right on the corner of the square.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Service is a bit slow and sassy here. We had to chase the waitress down to both take our order and our money although the food was brought out efficiently. Hubby had the Ulster Fry which he loved with the baked beans. I had an egg and mayonnaise sandwich along with a cup of vegetable broth. Both were unremarkable and needed salt; the egg sandwich had way too many raw onions in it which stayed on my stomach.

Prices are decent but not the cheapest in town. We were shocked to realize that coffee refills are not free and at 2.25 sterling per cup, that's pricey! Be forewarned. It's ok for some local flavor but we preferred Mikes across the square.

1  Thank SuzanneGarber
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I visited this restaurant in mid-March for lunch, and my experience was delightful. I am an extremely picky eater, but there were SO many things on the menu I wanted to try - it was hard to decide. I ended up getting the Ham, Cheese and Pineapple Toastie, and it was wonderful! I highly recommend it. The staff were very friendly and accommodated our large group. They do have a minimum that has to be reached on each ticket (we wanted to split the tickets), but it wasn't a deal breaker, just a heads up in case you visit in a large group. The prices were also very affordable. I would LOVE to eat here again.