“EXCELLENT!!!!”

Smugglers Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Bushmills B&B and Inns
“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Smugglers Inn. We have been visitors for a number of years and feel that we should let everyone in on our secret. Fantastic value for money. Clean comfortable rooms and welcoming staff. My husband is coeliac and at extremely short notice (i.e., we had arrived) a provision to GF bread/cereal and menu was available. The menu is varied and is a real treat for fish dish lovers. I would heartily recommend this venue for anyone visiting the North Coast.

The Telford Family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I use tripadvisor for all my holidays and I found this hotel the same way. I am a senior reviewer and have never had to put a bad review. What lets this place down is the staff on check in. The manager of the day and also the restaurant was not good as has a real chip on her shoulder. Although she is confident she comes across as loud and uncaring of her customers which is not a good trait to have in the hospitality industry. One reviewer mentioned a banging which can be heard in the restaurant in June and it is still there in July. Rooms are average and you really need to see the room before deciding. Some face the rear of the building and over the service entrance which is noisy and smelly and a really rubbish view. Room 11 is the one we stayed in which delivered all three of those undesirables. The front rooms would be excellent. Food at restaurant was good standard and breakfast was nice. The bar is where the smugglers theme is found. Good location for walkers with ample parking. Currently being painted. This place would rate much higher from me without that particular staff member and a proper room which is why it gets higher reviews from others. Locals I asked didn't rate it as I thought I was being picky. Personally I think you could find better in the local area for the same money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank michealbryant
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to have a last meal out as we were staying in Ballyliny cottages. I must say that it was a very pleasant meal from start to finish. Because I am a vegetarian I wasn't sure what the smugglers Inn had on offer, but I can say this WOW the meal was lovely I had vegetable stir fry in sweet chilli sauce on toasted stacker wraps, plus garlic potatoes in pepper sauce. My friends had fried fish and chips with mushy peas plus apple crumble and custard. I myself had lemon tart with cream, we also had coffee to finish. I can say that it wasn't cheap but we'll worth it, I know that we are planning to go back to Ballyliny at some point in the next couple of weeks, or will definitely go to the smugglers Inn again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeanette09
belfast ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 2 nights mon 23/6 & tues 24/6/14 with 2 friends, 1 Welsh 1 Irish. Accommodation could not complain. The Food both Breakfast & Dinner was EXCELLENT, Well Presented and Good Value. On the Tues Night we met SAM trainee Manager and his young staff. Must say all were well mannered with a GOOD SMILE. And the young lady at Breakfast Excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oakland, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you're planning to see the Giant's Causeway, Smugglers Inn is the place to stay. You are only a hop, skip, and a jump from the park. We stayed here for 2 nights, in a family suite. We had 4 beds, two rooms. The rooms were quite large and there was a TV in each of them. The bathroom was a very decent size and all were clean. We ate dinner here the night we arrived and it was quite good. The breakfast each morning was more than enough food to satisfy me practically all day. The staff at the front desk were especially friendly and helpful. We did notice a weird banging sound the first night we were there. It sounded like a door slamming. We never did figure out what it was, but it wasn't bothersome enough to keep us awake. The free wifi is only available downstairs, which is a hassle and inconvenient, but the views from the front room are stunning and the furniture in there is comfortable enough for an extended time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel have a view of the water, but the back of the hotel has a nice quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IrishLassie312
COUNTY FERMANAGH
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband took me to the smugglers inn, for a wee night away for my birthday.. Food was brilliant, good big portions, room clean, tidy and very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. all round good experience.

Room Tip: Ground floor for those not able for the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HAPPYFERMANAGH
Garvagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have visited The Smugglers Inn many times whilst on visits to Northern Ireland. Although, we have only eaten, we haven't stayed there, we've always found good value for money and very tasty meals, with friendly staff. It looks out on a lovely view of the Atlantic and Portballintrae. Would definitely recommend for a nice meal at a decent price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toby6859
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushmills
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
The Fullerton Arms
The Fullerton Arms
#1 of 2 in Ballycastle
Finn McCool's Giants Causeway Hostel

Been to Smugglers Inn? Share your experiences!