“Weekend in Antrim”

Ranked #1 of 27 Bushmills B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Weekend in Antrim”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We rate the Valley View B&B really highly. It was spotlessly clean, very comfortable room with a lovely kingsize bed, and little touches like complimentary water in the room. Valerie and her husband are very welcoming, and the breakfast is fantastic. This is a real find and we would recommend anyone to stay there.

1 Thank Melanie P
Valerie1462, Owner at Valley View Country House B & B, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for writing this lovely review. Thank you for saying it was spotlessly clean, the room was comfortable and you enjoyed the kingsize bed. We are glad you also liked the little touches like complimentary water in the room. All these things matter to our guests and we like feedback on how you find everything and how it meets expectations. Hope you will tell many other people about Valley View. Thank you again Valerie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I could not say one bad thing about Valley View. Location was great right in between Giants Causeway, the Rope Bridge and the Dark Hedges all only about 10-15 minutes away. Out in the country, on a quiet street and a beautifully landscaped lawn. Valerie was an incredible host! Welcoming and friendly from the first moment we met until the last moment when she saw us off! Shadow also was a fantastic host as she was the first one to meet us! Such a sweet dog! The rooms were spacious, gorgeous and perfectly clean. Breakfast was incredible! Valerie provided us with a delicious breakfast AND homemade bread, jam and marmalade that she made herself! Every moment was wonderful and would highly recommend this B&B!

1 Thank Lauren S
Thank you so much Lauren for taking the time to write about us at Valley View. We really do appreciate all your very kind comments. I'm glad you found the rooms were spacious, gorgeous and perfectly clean. Thank you for saying the breakfast was incredible and that you enjoyed all the homemade bread, jam and marmalade. I'm so happy you enjoyed every moment and thank you for saying you will recommend us to others. We loved having you stay and hope you will be able to return again someday. Take care Valerie
Birmingham
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I have recently returned from a four night stay in this B & B and I have to say the whole experience was so wonderful. From the wonderful tea, biscuits and cake on arrival and a fantastic breakfasts. The room was lovely and clean and the hospitality was excellent. Both hosts were comical, friendly and gave us some great information. Thanks also for the help with the measuring !!!! Most useful. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela H
Thank you so much Angela for taking the time to write a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will be able to recommend us to others. Good we were able to help you with your measuring. Hope that your new home will be a very happy one and that you enjoy the beautiful countryside in Northern Ireland when you move here later this year. Take care Valerie
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I want to preface this by saying I had never stayed at a B and B before I stayed here but after walking in the door I understood what all the fuss was about. Valley View was the first of many we stayed at during our vacation through N. Ireland and Ireland and it set the bar so very high. First impression was an immaculate entranceway and the smiling face of Maynard. We were weary travelers and he instantly brightened us up. We asked upon arrival if we could stay an extra night and lucky for us we were accommodated. There is so much to see and do in Antrim, all minutes from this haven. Maynard gave us ideas on what to visit although it was getting late and gave a perfect dinner recommendation (The Bushmills Inn - lovely live music and delicious food - a real dining experience). The bedroom rivalled that of any hotel room - the ensuite bathroom was spacious, the bed was heavenly and there is even a lovely vanity. We had the most amazing night's sleep. The next morning I had "The Full Irish". Valerie's breakfast rivals that of any breakfast on earth. Her potato bread and soda breads are the best I ever tasted (and I've had a lot of each) but her disposition and demeanor took the cake. She is funny, loving, and a heck of a cook. I miss that breakfast and I find myself talking about it 2 weeks later.
I felt that I was among friends those two days at Valley View. Because the lounge area is so inviting we made friends with many of the guests. There was a man tracing his Irish roots while we were there and Valerie and Maynard actually put him in contact with a local genealogist.
Valerie and Maynard just go out of their way to make you feel at home. They are proud, yet humble people and you are missing out on great rooms, great conversation, and an amazing breakfast if you don't stay here. We will definitely be back.
Laura Faye and Jason

Room Tip: Our room was room 5 - I don't know about the other rooms but ours was perfect.
1 Thank Laura Faye C
Laura, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for us. This helps us so much. Glad you enjoyed all the fun, the homemade bread, the room, the bathroom etc etc and we definately hope you will return again. We really enjoy having people like you stay and thats what makes our job such a wonderful job. Take care and see you again hopefully Valerie
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have just spent 8 nights in Valley View and found it to be in the highest standard of B&B I have ever stayed in. From the lovely warm welcome from Valerie to my last morning I enjoyed every minute of my stay. My hosts were attentive to all guests needs and were eager to help with every possible requirement. From the delicious and filling breakfasts to the wonderfully furnished and comfortable rooms, I would vote them a fifth Tourist Board star!!
I was seeking my Irish family roots and Valerie and Maynard put me onto the right contact on my very first day and this helped me enormously to find a long lost cousin just up the road!
The rural location suited me for a quiet resting holiday,and with the town of Bushmills only 6 miles away there are many excellent dining venues for those wanting a longer stay.
Everything was impeccable and I cannot rate Valley View too highly. Thank you both.
Robert.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Valerie1462, Owner at Valley View Country House B & B, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Good to hear from you Robert and thank you so much for saying such lovely things about Valley View. It was great having you stay and we enjoyed all the chats we had with you. Glad you were able to get some research done on your ancestors. Hopefully you will be able to return again and enjoy the comforts of Valley View again. Many thanks Valerie
Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My Husband and I have just spent a few nights in Valley View and we have been Guests of Maynard & Valerie many times now. We have been made to feel very welcome and just like part of the Family!
This exceptionally clean and spacious B&B has lovely bright Rooms all with Ensuite.
The Rooms are all beautifully decorated with quality Furnishings and Furniture and with Tea/Coffee facilities, TV, Fridge, Hairdryer and Free WiFi.
The Food is delicious and the Breakfasts are cooked to perfection. The homemade Breads, Pancakes and Jams that Valerie makes are scrumptious.
Valley View is in a beautiful scenic setting just overlooking the Valley and it is so nice waking up to the Birds singing in the trees.
Maynard and Valerie are perfect Hosts who are extremely knowledgeable about the local area and they are always on hand to help and advise you with directions and advice about where to Eat out.
Valley View B&B is also close to many of the local Tourist Attractions and Golf Courses.
My husband and I love this "wee Gem" set in the countryside. We love the Hosts and the cosy Beds and the delicious Food and "Shadow" the gorgeous very friendly dog who is very entertaining! We love meeting all the people from different Countries too.
We are very much looking forward to returning for 2 weeks in August and we wholeheartedly recommend this "Gem" to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you once again Colette for your lovely review. It's so lovely seeing people return again and again to Valley View. Maynard and I really enjoy having people and want our guests to go away with many special memories. Thank you for all your very kind words of encouragement and we look forward to your return in August. Take care Valerie
Glasgow
Reviewed 29 April 2014

2 friends and I stayed here for 1 night in April 2014 while we were visiting several locations across Northern Ireland. My friends father booked the B+B for us so I cant comment on the price but checking the website it appears to be great value for money considering the quality of our stay.

We only stayed for 1 night but during this time we found the owners to be very welcoming, friendly (and funny! you gotta love the Irish banter) and the accommodation itself of a very high standard.

The house is situated back from the road but is very well signposted. With the SatNav we had no difficulty finding the place. We checked in around 5pm on the Friday evening and immediately shown to our room (Room 6) and given our keys (room key & front door key). Although the 3 of us were sharing a room we found it to be surprisingly spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. It held 1 double bed & 2 singles. 3 comfortable easy chairs with footstools, a flatscreen TV, small fridge, tea & coffee making facilities, wall radiators (not that we needed them), 2 large mirrors and plenty of room for our clothes & suitcases. The beds were extremely soft and comfortable with an abundance of cushions, pillows and throws.

The bathroom contained a bath with shower attachment, a separate shower, plenty of fluffy white towels, face clothes and some complimentary toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, cotton wool pads & cotton buds). We were also told due to solar panels there was no shortage of hot water for showers. As you can imagine this proved vital for 3 girls who spent all day at the beach in windy weather!

The pictures the owners provides (at least for the public rooms & our room) are a very accurate depiction of the rooms.

As we were settling in we were directed to the breakfast menu & asked to select our choices for the morning and leave it in the guest living room. Given the size of the B+B I was surprised at the hot options available alongside the continental options (cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea, herbal teas, coffee, water, apple juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, selection of white & brown breads and homemade jam and marmalade) which was provided on a help your yourself basis. We all opted for the traditional Ulster Fry (egg, soda farls, potato scone, 2 sausages, 2 rashers of crispy bacon and a pancake) which was delicious! It really set us up for a day of sightseeing.

It's very rare that when you stay somewhere it ticks all the boxes and you have nothing negative to say about it because there is always 1 (often very small) thing which wasn't perfect. But this place actually was. I can't fault it and I would definitely recommend this B+B to anyone thinking of visiting Co. Antrim. I know that if myself and my partner visit here in the future I'll definitely come back to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a group and you don't mind sharing, the triple rooms were not as small...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for such a detailed review of Valley View. You have commented on everything including our furnishings which you loved, the cleanliness, the location and the food. We just can't say thank you enough for writing all these lovely comments. I sometimes read what people write and I can't believe that they are writing about us. We love what we are doing and enjoy many happy moments with all our guests. You girls really stood out as you were so friendly and that makes what we do very enjoyable. Hopefully you will be able to return again someday or send some of your friends. Take care Valerie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushmills
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
Old Glebe B&B
Old Glebe B&B
#12 of 27 in Bushmills
Cul Erg Bed and Breakfast Portstewart

Been to Valley View Country House B & B? Share your experiences!