Templeton Hotel
Corrs Corner Hotel(Newtownabbey)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsraffles restaurantnext morningliving sociallounge barwedding receptionsunday lunchfew drinkspiping hotfunction roomgreat nightinternational airportcooked breakfasttea coffeewould highly recommend this hotelwedding venuesalmonscones
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival at the hotel it was very busy due to a weddding fayre but we were checked in very quickly and went to our room.This was very spacious and well appointed , the only thing I could say negatively would be the lighting was poor and plugs badly need moved as they were too close to the table top and I wasnt able to plug in straighteners or phone charger .
We were on a deal which included a two course meal and I had to make a lot of enquiries myself about this as it was not very well explained at checkin. We chose to dine in the grill bar as there was a bigger menu choice and it was ok but nothing special came away a little disappointed as first impressions had been quite high.The open plan kitchen in the restaurant is a centre point but the smell of chips frying etc was a bit off putting .
Breakfast was average with a lot of items missing like croissants , muffins etc.Had to ask for a lot of things and cooked breakfast did not come as ordered.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but came away a bit disappointed after our initial first impression of hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Good afternoon.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to the Templeton.

I am glad that you like the room you stayed in, however I will point out your comments about the plugs to our Maintenance department.

I am sorry about any confusion that you may have faced in relation to the specific menu included in the deal. This should have been explained clearly to you on check in, and I can only imagine that didn't happen due to Reception having been so busy due to the Wedding Open Day.

By its nature, the open plan cooking in our Grill Room has the appeal of seeing the food being cooked, but, unfortunately sometimes it can lead to the smells of the food carrying to nearby tables.

Breakfast items should always be replenished, and I will speak to our Grill Room Supervisor and her team to ensure that this does happen.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We do greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Being a local, the good old Templeton is very much the easy option and it always comes up trumps. The grill bar is a decent venue with a good menu offering good food at reasonable prices. Most recent visit was last weekend and yet again, we left satisfied. It's often said that you can judge an establishment by how it deals with complaints and we unfortunately had occasion to send a meal back (seriously undercooked burger, red in the middle - yuk!). On pointing the problem out, it was dealt with promptly and efficiently. A replacement meal was swiftly brought to the table and we were not charged for that meal. Every place can have an "off" meal and this experience in no way will deter me from continuing to use the hotel on a regular basis. The Templeton deserves its enduring reputation and I am happy to continue to support it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to our Grill Room.

May I firstly apologise for your Burger not being cooked to your specification, but may I thank you for complimenting our staff in their handling of the situation.

I trust that this will not deter you from returning to the hotel.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Visited the Grill Bar in The Templeton Hotel on Saturday evening a couple of weekends ago with my other half & my son, we hadn't ate in the grill bar in a while so were looking forward to it. What a disappointment, it has really gone down hill with the quality of its food. I ordered the chicken & prawn combo from the grill, my chicken was cold and there where 6 tiny prawns on top. I sent it back explaining it was cold, it was re-heated and when I went to eat it the chicken was as dry as the anything with being re-cooked and I couldn't eat it. My other half ordered the T-bone steak, which was definitely not the size specified on the menu and the quality of the meat was terrible, all sinewy when you cut into it. We were not the only table that complained, a table close by sent some of their meal back also. We will definitely not be back, as years ago the food was lovely but not anymore.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire O

Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your visit to our Grill Room.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your dinner.

Your chicken should definitely have been hot, and I am surprised that it was not as normally the meals sit underneath the hot plate once ready, until brought to the tables.

All our steaks are cut to the specified weight uncooked, but I am sorry that you felt it was smaller than your expectations.

I have raised your points with both our Head Chef, and our Grill Room Supervisor, and again I would like to pass on our apologies.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Well not great at all. Service was poor, and some of the food was cold. The vegetables were a mixture of under and over cooked. Also quite expensive considering everything. Its not what you expect for a relaxing Sunday lunch.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback.

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with ourselves.

Can I just clarify one thing? Did you dine with us on Sunday past, the 16th February, or was it when you stayed with us as stated in your Trip Advisor review in December 2013?

I would like to have the opportunity to speak directly with yourself, if that would be possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me either at email address conferences@templetonhotel.com or on telephone number 028 94 432984 in the Conference office ( option 2 )

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Templeton Hotel and fully enjoyed our stay. The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to ensure we had a luxury stay. The food is also fantastic where we dinned at dinner and breakfast. Bath was beautiful and very clean with constant hot water. Beds were also very comfy after having a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for your positive comments.

We really appreciate all feedback from our customers.

We are delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay so much.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback.