“Average hotel.”

and 1 more site!
Templeton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The main reason we picked this hotel was because we were looking for somewhere to stay after Enniskillen and a day spent exploring the north coast that would allow us to get to Dublin easily the next day and the Templeton hotel was a resonable price and a good location with free parking and breakfast. The staff at reception were welcoming and friendly and the property was nice enough, but a little dark and dated. We stayed in the Munro suite and the room was quite tired; there was one small window and the bedding was quite thin. However the room was quiet and we had a good night sleep. We stayed on a Wednesday and the hotel bar area and the resturant were both busy so would recommend booking a table if you're staying/dinning over the weekend. The resturant has a large menu and we ordered stake enchiladas with a side salad and fries. The protions a huge and my husband claims that the fries were the best he has ever had, after finishing my enchilada I was too full to try them myself! They did have mushrooms and corgettes in the enchiladas, which is not something that I've ever encountered before, but if you would like friendly and attentive service and value for money I would recommend it. The only other fault I can think to mention is that they charge for wi-fi, about £9.00 for 24 hours, which I think is quite expenive. We had breakfast the next morning and they offer cereal/yougurt/toast/pastries/fruit as well as a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KateLouiseMac
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our customers as that is how we continue to improve our standards and levels of service.

We have since got free Wifi in our Bar, and we are looking at free use for our residents.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Once again, thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the Templeton Hotel Sunday 25 May 2014 on an overnight escape which included bed, breakfast, main course and glass of wine for two people! What a completely fab place. The hotel itself is stunning - the grounds are beautiful, the reception area through to the lounge/bar just lovely and the Upton Grill (where we ate both dinner and breakfast) was just gorgeous. The chef (s) is so talented - the food was honestly of five star quality - the presentation, the taste, everything and the hotel staff were so welcoming and courteous. Our room was so lovely - on the second floor with wood beams and lovely views of the gardens. The only sound to be heard were the birds tweeting! Would highly recommend this hotel - so close to Belfast yet you really feel that you are so many miles away! Will definitely be back (for the food alone!!!) but if you get the chance, book an overnight treat for yourself. Deserves a 4-5 star rating in my mind.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 210 which is on the right side of the corridor - assume that thi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback, as this is the only way we can continue to provide the desired standards and levels of service.

Thanks for your very kind words - we really appreciate them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great place to go staff where lovely and couldn't do more for us ! We go there regularly and the quality of the food is very consistent . We seem to be working are way through the menu and have not been disappointed yet !

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Joanne W

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Templeton.

We are delighted with your kind words, and that you keep choosing to come back to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Average enough. Receptionist was very friendly checking me in but I was informed that the wifi isn't free and would cost me £8.95 for the night. A little cheeky in my opinion when paying to stay the night anyway. I haven't come across any hotels lately that charge for bit buzz wifi. I didn't sleep well, found the bed quite hard and uncomfortable but it was clean and my colleagues all slept ok. Dinner was fine, nothing I couldn't have cooked myself though, I had the chicken goujons with garlic mayo and satay dips, tasty enough but again I cold have cooked it myself. I was excited to get breakfast having been told of the tasty pancakes there, unfortunately myself and two colleagues ordered them, we were waiting ages for them to arrive and when they finally did all of them were burnt quitely badly, blackened in places so quite disappointing. Checking out was easy and quick again by a lovely receptionist. All the staff there were lovely, the girl who served us dinner and breakfast was lovely but I felt the hotel let them down with a few issues such as the wifi and substandard breakfast.

I'd stay again but only because there's no other option in Templepatrick to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We greatly appreciate all feedback, as this is the only way that we can provide the service and standards expected from our customers.

I am sorry that you found both your dinner and your breakfast slightly disappointing.

I hope that you shall return to us in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sunday afternoon lunch was excellent.... first of all disabled access was great even though there was a large crowd for lunch it didn't seem cramped we had plenty of room...secondly the staff were very friendly,helpful and courteous....and finally the food superb selection all cooked to perfection ...I will certainly be back soon to try out there room service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review.

We greatly appreciate all feedback, and it was lovely to hear such kind words.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Templeton in the future.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopped off here for a bite to eat. We hadn't been to the place in years and by the look of the bar area, it hadn't been cleaned since then. Food was really average, even if it was only bar food and the staff were not overly friendly either!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback following your recent visit to the Templeton.

I am sorry that you felt disappointed but, I can assure you that the level of service was not typical of our normal standards usually on offer.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future, so we can show you the welcome that you expect.

Once again, thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Arrival was very late in the evening and the receptionist wished she was somewhere else. Just after checking in I asked what the wifi code was to be told it was £9 for 24 hours. I checked to see if I was in London, Belfast or Dublin but alas it was in the country in Antrim. The room had all that could be expected and was clean. Breakfast was well laid out and plentiful if you wanted it. My colleague and I then stayed in the reception area working until around noon. No wifi at that price & no 3G restricted what we could do. It was interesting to see the casual clientele arriving for lunch I am sure they are the same as when I last want to the hotel 10 years ago
This hotel is not for me but apart from the wifi all was OK and I am sure would be acceptable to most travellers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with ourselves.

We greatly appreciate all feedback, as this is the best way for us to learn, and to monitor our standards and levels of service.

We have taken on board your comments about the WIFI and we have spoken to our supplier to try and get a new system in place.

We do hope that you will return to us in the future.

Thanks again for your comments.

Claire

Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
#1 of 6 in Ballymena
Dunsilly Hotel
Dunsilly Hotel
#2 of 3 in Antrim

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!