“Comfortable and very good value”
Review of Templeton Hotel

Templeton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Woking, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and very good value”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked here because of its proximity to Belfast airport from where a friend accompanying us was flying.

We had a very spacious room on the ground floor quite close to the reception area. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep after a good meal in the grill room. On our first night it was very busy but we did not have to wait too long for our meal.

We had intended to move up to the Antrim coast the following day and as the price for our first night's B&B had been so low on a special offer we were expecting to pay more for the second night but no the price was the same so instead we based ourselves there fore a second night and had a long day exploring the Antrim coast.

The main aspect of our stay was the exceptional value for money

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ge0n
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Good afternoon.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review following your recent visit with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, and that you chose to stay with us an extra night.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future. We do often have deals on offer, which are shown on our website, and we hope that you will avail of one soon.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Claire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Visited last week for lunch in the grill room. Staff most attentive and polite. High chairs provided and staff made the children feel extremely welcome and provided colouring in sheets which they loved.

Originally came for a light lunch but were then tempted by the lunch time 3 course meal deal. Portions were large which represented great value for money. All food arrived hot and beautifully presented.
The melon was lovely and refreshing. The roast turkey dinner was delicious. Pavlova was beautiful. We had a slight problem with one of our desserts but the staff rectified this for us.

Would recommend. Clean facilities. Excellent parking. Beautiful hotel especially the bar area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveller0090
Good afternoon.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to the Templeton.

We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your lunch, and that you were so well looked after.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back here in the future.

Once again, thanks very much for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stopped at this disgrace of a Hotel for a bite to eat and a Tea, a Mocha & a Filter Coffee as a friend of mine from Edinburgh had asked me to check it out as he potentially wanted to put on a Business Seminar at the Templeton this Autumn. We ordered the Hot Drinks and two Scones at 1155am. The staff then disappeared. At 1215pm we had to ask another member of staff who was mopping the floor where our order was. He had to make a phone call and told us they were trying to find the Pastry Chef to ask where the Jam was ! I also noted this Barman was tipping dirty Bleach Water from the Mop Bucket down the sink behind the Bar right next to a chopping board of Citrus Fruit at the side. The smell of bleach and having the floor mopped in front of us was most off putting. Eventually at 1231pm the Drinks arrived but sadly the Filter Coffee that we had ordered turned out to be a barely lukewarm Cappachino and still no sign of the elusive Scones. At this point we decided to leave. The staff were clearly untrained and you don't mop a floor at midday in a hotel in front of guests. The level of Customer Service at the Templeton was the worst I have ever seen. Needless to say I phoned my friend and told him under no circumstances to use the Templeton as it was unreliable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DerbyshireDan
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to the Templeton.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests, as this is the only way we can improve our standards and levels of service, and address any issues that come to light.

I was very dismayed to learn of your experience. I can only imagine that the breakdown with your food order arose due to staff going on a break which should never impact our customers.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the Hotel for the unacceptable wait, and I am sorry that you never received your scones.

It is not our policy for floors to be mopped during the hours of food service, and the citrus fruit should not be near the sink.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - you can rest assured that I will be looking into this and speaking with the staff involved.

Yours sincerely,

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went for dinner last night with a friend. First impressions very shabby. Ordered water which came in a plastic jug. My friend ordered salmon and I ordered the mozzarella salad. When the salad arrived I was confused. I said to my friend surely this is not a main course. Firstly there was a tiny mozzarella ball which seemed to have been shredded and when I say a thread of red pepper I'm being generous. Now I was not going to pay £8.50 for this meal and when I complained to waitress that I would not accept this she took it away and asked if I would like anything else which I refused because my friend would have been finished her meal before mine arrived. The restaurant manager came to explain that they were still getting used to their new menu and apologised but when I explained about the red pepper she was adamant that there was also yellow pepper in the salad which there was not.
Take my advice and go elsewhere as this place has go downhill over the past year and not worth the prices they are asking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 77392014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review following your recent visit to the Templeton.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests as this is the only way we can continue to improve our levels of service and our standards.

I was disappointed to learn of the portion size of your Salad. I have raised this with our Chefs who have taken it on board.

Thanks again for your comments.

We do hope that you shall return to the Hotel in the future, and give us another chance.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I live locally to the Templeton and therefore would go to the grill bar at least 4 times a month. My husband and I went for a meal last Friday. We both were very disappointed with the new menu ( no mixed grill any more) and all the prices have gone up at least £2.00 per main meal. My husband asked for thin fries and the portion was as small as a child size pack of fries from mcDonalds. Also the restaurant itself was nowhere near as busy as usual and had no atmosphere about it. This my have something to do with the new yet not so good menu. I feel very disappointed and would love to see the return of the old yet better menu. I am sure a lot of locals will feel the same way and this my cost the hotel in the long run. I think I will be giving the Templeton a miss for a while .

Disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Debbie G
Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review following your recent visit to the Templeton.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests as this is the only way we can improve our standards and levels of service.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the new Grill Room menu. We had decided to have a smaller "core" menu with an additional range of specials ( starters, Main courses and Desserts) which change daily.

We have decided following to the initial feedback to revise this menu, and will be having a new menu with many of our old favourites included.

We do hope that you will return to us in the very near future, when you will be able to avail of some of your favourite dishes.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

On our way to a show with our granddaughter who was having her 11th birthday we decided to call at the Templeton Hotel (Upton Grill) and have tea.
We arrived at 5.45 on a Friday evening and not too many people in restaurant so we were shown to a table and given time to order drinks and decide on food.
We had a wait for our food which I felt was a bit long but the food when it arrived was first class and very enjoyable.
We found the staff friendly and the ambience of the Upton Grill top class.
Well worth a visit but can get very busy as by the time we were leaving the place was full..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hilden73

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests as this is the only way we can continue to improve our standards and levels of service.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dinner when you dined with us.

Thanks again for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Belfast
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked an overnight weekend package which included dinner at what seemed to be a good value price.

Unfortunately, the price came at the cost of a good night's sleep - our room was located on the ground floor quite close to the reception area. The double bed consisted of two single mattresses pushed together with a noticeable ridge and thin sheet on top, not comfortable. There was also an unpleasant smell in the bathroom throughout.

There was no air con in the room and night time temperatures in summer heat were unbearable. Would have liked to open a window, however the noise from an 18th birthday party in the nearby function room was unbearable. At midnight (with windows firmly closed), we finally enquired at reception as to how long the music would continue for as it was impossible to sleep - the uninterested gentlemen made no apology when we explained we had an early start and were unable to sleep due to the incessant noise. He advised that it would 'probably' be going on until 1am and that the duty manager would look into seeing if the music could be turned down - unfortunately, we received no further communication from either this man or the duty manager and the loud music continued uninterrupted. A mere apology and offer to move to a quieter room would have resolved the issue, however we were forced to endure a further hour of being unable to sleep due to the noise and heat.

We ate in the grill bar where the food was fine, nothing special. Drinks in Sam's bar were expensive.

Upon checking out, I had intended to relay my disappointment at the noise and room temperature, however we were simply handed a receipt and not asked if everything had been ok - I decided if the receptionist wasn't interested enough to ask, they would probably adopt the same don't-care attitude of the gentleman and duty manager the night before and I didn't want to waste my time further.

Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lou_s99
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review following your stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests as this is the only way we can learn of any areas needing addressed, or how to improve our levels of service and our standards.

I was very disappointed to learn of both the heat and the noise that you experienced. As you quite correctly pointed out, you should have been offered the choice of being re-located to a different room, and also you should have been offered a fan in the room to cool it down.

I was not on duty myself that night, but I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel, and I will speak with my colleagues and the Night Porters. I am surprised that our Receptionist did not ask if everything had been alright with your stay, as this is our normal policy, and I will speak to our team about that too.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Claire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
Tullyglass House Hotel
Tullyglass House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!