“Excellent facility and great staff”

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely quiet well appointed hotel with good facilities and helpful staff throughout. Beautiful setting, decent sized rooms (though without air conditioning) lovely views of the golf course, clean modern gym. Pleasant helpful staff throughout. Bar food is excellent but it is expensive. However we we pleased to see childrens meals were free with adults at the time we were there

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the facilities on offer again, in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were disappointed by the lack of some amenities that are standard in most hotels. There was no water in the room, no face cloths, no hand soap, no shower cap.. There weren't even biscuits ! The wifi is £15 for one day! Absolute rip off... There are also no newspapers available. The food in the bar was lovely, however at breakfast my husband had to ask someone for poached eggs and was treated like he had just interrupted the chef... Very rude. Overall we were disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gin-drinkeranonymous

Thank you for your feedback.

It is important for us to receive feedback, including areas of improvment and I will, of course, appropriately address your concerns with my team.

The next time you have the opportunity to be in the area, I do hope that you will visit us again.

Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Really nice location with really pleasant surroundings, nice pool and sauna ideal to relax. Good choice and quality of food and pleasant staff. Well done to all that were involved with my stay as I would certainly stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark D

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

firstly it was our wedding anniversary. we booked for one night thru hotels.com. paid approx £80 for bed and breakfast. we have stayed at the hotel before and havent had a problem.
check in was great, girl on reception explained everything very well and informed us of all available amenities etc

room was grand, spacious, fixtures and fittings were modern and clean. bathroom ok clean and tidy. some of the electrical fittings around the room are sadly a bit dated and reminded me of the panel behind a hospital bed.

weather was good so we chanced kinnehans bar were a bbq was being served. £12 per person for bbq is a bit steep in my opinion, we didnt opt for the bbq i can only assume that i could have ate till i burst for that price??

we moved to main hotel bar overlooking golf course. drinks are pricey, i know someone will comment on the star rating and therefore the premium on drinks! cheapest bottle of wine £20 and it wasnt the nicest. £3.65 for a pint of tenants. no gordons gin no bottled cider and no carlsberg.

ordered pizza and "twice cooked chips" at the bar. i think they forgot to cook the chips once never mind twice. my wife would have complained but im not one for making a scene on some raw chips.

My biggest gripe with the bar was the closing time. we were only there for a couple of hours and wanted to celebrate out anniversary with a couple of drinks. YOUR website notes the closing time as 1am. now tell me why was last orders taken at 11?? and why then were we asked to sit in the foyer?? your website is very misleading and should be changed accordingly!

we opted to have our prepaid breakfast in our room prior to our departure the next morning.
well that was an experience. cooked breakfast was dried out and not the warmest, almost as if it had been sitting over night and microwaved in the morning?? secondly the sausages were raw not cooked at all, quite the health hazard! scrambled eggs were amazingly bad, dried up and again looked horrible. we asked for toast, the bread wasn't toasted, we didn't have butter, jam, salt or pepper or sauces? all in all the breakfast was a shambles. and of course we paid and extra £10 to have it in our rooms.

All in all a very disappointing stay. we sadly will not be returning. a lot of work needed with the food unfortunately. and the hotel definitely needs some modernisation in a lot of the common areas and the rooms fixtures.

Room Tip: book another hotel lol
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kristianLondonderry
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank your for your detailed feedback.

I am most surprised, concerned and disappointed to read your feedback and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the details futher, in person, if you wish.

As I do not have contact details for you, please contact me direct at the hotel at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The reception staff where friendly and the room was neat and nicely done.
The bar food wasnt great, had to keep trying to get the attention of the waiters for menu's, drink orders etc and it took forever!
I also thought the wifi would be free as most hotels offer complimentary wifi especially a 4* hilton but this was charged at £15 for 24 hour access (rip off in my opinion)
We also booked in for 2 spa treatments, it was more a beauty room in the middle of a gym and not the 'spa' experience I had anticipated.

Other than that the hotel is nice with a good location and well maintained

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased that overall, you enjoyed your time with us and do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very poor in-room dining service, food extremely poor quality. Room facilities also poor and not in good order. Most staff polite and friendly Functional but needs a lot of improvements to make it a pleasurable place to stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback.

It is most important for us to receive feedback from our guests and my colleague Joanna has tried unsucessfully to make contact with you by phone to discuss your concerns further.

May I ask that, at your earliest convenience please contact myself or Joanna Bingahm direct at the hotel.

Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I called at the Hilton for dinner today after a very enjoyable weekend on the Antrim Coast. I have never had to make such a negative comment on Trip Advisor before. First of all the staff in Treffners were very helpful especially Rebecca but the food was very poor. We both had Brie to start centre of it was tough and cold. Then I got a dish of tough tasteless pork with watery cabbage and mushroom mix with an puddle of yellow water. On the side a lump of dry potato with ? Bacon and onion..I was so hungry that I ate it!! My husband got a £25 steak which was average but then all you need to do is grill it. We we're give a complementary dessert ! Glad we weren't asked to pay for it as the 5 little pieces of cake were dry! The coffee was nice. Sadly we could not recommend the dining experience at the Hilton.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazel A
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

I always appreciate hearing from our passing visitors, including areas of improvement and I sincerely apologise if the food serviced in our Restaurant did not meet with your expectations. I will, of course, appropriately address your concerns with our Executive Chef to ensure that the quality of food served remains consistently high at all times.

The next time you have opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will visit us again.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Dunadry
Tullyglass House Hotel
Tullyglass House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!