“Not remotely ****”

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
“Not remotely ****”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We staid in the hotel for one night. Service at the reception was good. The room was spacious and clean.
The bed was less then average.

The restaurant was bad. Services, the staff tried really hard but we're not trained well. The food it self apart from the desert was awful. For starters we had Bree and it was cold as motioned previously by others. The main course, let's put it this way, even the worse canteen food tastes better.

Breakfast was worse.......

Stayed August 2014
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities, but disappointed that the quality of food and service failed to meet your expectations.

I will certainly relay and appropriately address your feedback to our team.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
Bolton, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights and the location is perfect for exploring Belfast city as well as the Antrim coast.Getting to the coast is best with a car although there is a bus. Getting into Belfast is painless and easy via the 300 bus which can be caught every 20 minutes up at the main road off of the roundabout.

The property does live up to the Hilton standards and is primarily a golf and spa resort. While we did not golf, the course looked well maintained and they have a practice area, driving range and a nice clubhouse and shop.

The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful, as are the staff in the dining room and bar. We had a problem with the room safe and they came immediately to resolve the problem, and when they could not fix it right away, kept our valuables down in the manager's office so we could go out and upon our return, the matter was resolved.

The room was nice and spacious. We had a corner room which offered dual views. The only downside we found was that the windows are locked so that they can only open a few inches and it was during a heat wave when we visited, so sleeping was a bit rough since we could not get a good breeze into the room. (There is no air conditioning.) The hotel should consider allowing guests to open the windows more fully.

All said, we would stay here again and the location is very convenient to explore a large portion of Norther Ireland.

Room Tip: The views overlooking the golf course are excellent and if not down on the patio enjoying a drink, a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ted L
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer break.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 for 3 nights. It was the perfect location to base yourself if you wanted to explore the Northern Coast. There is also a bus that leaves every 15 minutes from outside the hotel and takes you into Belfast if you don't want the hastle of driving. The hotel itself has lots to offer - tennis courts, driving range and of course the swimming pool which the kids spent so much time in. There is also a lovely fitness centre so if you are a fitness enthusiast and want to attend classes or go to the gym this is ideal. The weather was fantastic while we were there and there is a lovely seating area outside the bar which overlooks the golf course. The food and service was fantastic and very family friendly. In particular I have to mention Matthew who was always on hand to offer advise on things to do in the local area and to offer service with a smile. Overall a great place for a family break.

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and that we looked after you and your family so well.

We all look forward to welocming you back again very soon.

Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 for one night as an end of term treat. We weren't disappointed.

The pool area was clean and user friendly with helpful staff.

Breakfast was the usual fare and again staff were friendly and made the stay all the more enjoyable.

We sat outside the bar for our refreshments but this area was populated by smokers so we only stayed for one drink.

Still, would recommend highly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your break with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very friendly staff, in particular the breakfast staff. Surprised my twin girls with a balloon each after they told them it was their birthday. It made their day. Great location near Belfast and close to northern coast, which is amazing and beautiful. Golf shop staffand pool staff also stoodout as very helpful and friendly. Nice spot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that we made your daughters' birthday extra special.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights.

Having read a lot of reviews for the hotel, a recurring theme was the beds being uncomfortable- but I thought some people complain a lot so I said I'd give it a chance.

On arrival, we found the hotel very easily, the distance from the city was perfect. Ample parking and overall a good impression on arrival. Checking was easy, polite staff.

Once we entered the room the 1st thing we noticed was there was no aircon- EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS IT ON THEIR WEBSITE!! I had asked my boyfriend to check that there was as we had just had a bad experience in another hotel so we didn't want to go through it again! But sadly there was none the girl on the desk said this has been reported over 6 months ago and had not been corrected yet. That their was only aircon in the foyer and conference rooms.
Secondly- and most importantly the bed was a disaster! I actually can't remember a worse hotel bed. The sheets were nice and soft but no more than I would expect from a 4* hotel. The bed was a mattress on a wooden (MDF) frame with 4 very thin legs. The bed creaked when you sat on in it or even moved an inch - not the best for a romantic getaway! Lumpy and hard with bad springs. I rang down immediately on entering the room to ask to be changed to a different room but I was told that all the beds are the same.

A very pleasant chamber maid did arrive up with a fan and a 2nd quilt to put on the mattress within 5 minutes. Quick, efficient and very friendly.
But neither remedied the problems.

Breakfast and dinner were nice I wouldn't say either wowed me but certainly acceptable.
We ordered breakfast to the room on one morning, it was not good, half of what we ordered was not right, it was dried out and we paid an extra £10 per person for the pleasure.

We went for a drink in the bar one night. I ordered a glass of wine -£9 shocking rip off. Needless to say we would have enjoyed many glasses had it not cost so much but the Hilton lost out on this extra money for their greed.

Wifi is a must in today's society especially when you cater for so many irish people, this would cut down on the roaming for your guests but apparently this is not even a consideration for the Hilton-£15 a day for wifi is a joke and not even free in the foyer. I have never even heard of such charges, shameful for such a big organisation.

My boyfriend had surprised me with 2 treatments in the "spa".
I arrived about 5 minutes before my treatment- but there was no one around so I had to wait to find out if I was even in the right area, I was a little confused because the spa is in the middle on the gym!
The beautician was very friendly and made the best with the resources she had. I had a pedicure and was very disappointed when I saw a footspa. But the girl did say they were getting new pedicure chairs soon- too late for me though.

Overall very disappointed, it was a very special holiday for us and I tried not to let it spoil the north for us but I will not be staying again nor recommending it to friends.

2/5 - for the location and the people.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CallaRia
Thank you for leaving feedback on this site.

I am disappointed and concerned that we failed to meet all of your expectations on this occasion and we would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Perhaps you could contact my colleague Chris Parkes or myself direct at the hotel at your convenience.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely quiet well appointed hotel with good facilities and helpful staff throughout. Beautiful setting, decent sized rooms (though without air conditioning) lovely views of the golf course, clean modern gym. Pleasant helpful staff throughout. Bar food is excellent but it is expensive. However we we pleased to see childrens meals were free with adults at the time we were there

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the facilities on offer again, in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#15 of 44 in Belfast
Hilton Belfast
Hilton Belfast
#23 of 44 in Belfast

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!