Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Chimney Corner Hotel(Newtownabbey)
Corrs Corner Hotel(Newtownabbey)
  • Restaurant
1,487 results
All reviewsgolf coursedriving rangeleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomdeluxe roomlounge barbar foodlovely hotelmain restaurantsteakinternational airportfamily roomrelaxing staynorthern irelandshort breakcouldn't do enoughgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is without a doubt, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I regularly travel with work and my family and I have never been driven to write a bad review until this moment. The hotel is truly awful, rooms are tired and if you try to put the heating on you will be covered in a cloud of dust. The hall ways, lifts and bar area stink of industrial cleaner which makes your eyes water but is used to try and cover up the smell of old booze.

The staff, bless them, are doing the very best they can in an absolute dump. Hilton should be ashamed of themselves!

And the internet is rubbish too!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ZaraFraser
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us on this site.

I am, of course, most disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your personal expectations on this occasion.

Please contact me direct at the hotel, if you wish, so that I get a better understanding of your concerns and make the situation right for you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where do I start? Let's start with the need to cancel my room. Cancellation policy is 4 pm day of arrival. I called at 3:45 pm and mentioned that I needed to cancel my room. By the time they got me to the correct person and we were trying to cancel the room, it was about 4 pm. The person then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't cancel the room as it was after 4 pm and I would have to pay the full penalty. I stated that I was a Gold Member with Hilton and I called 15 minutes prior to cancellation deadline. I was asked why I needed to cancel. I told them I was tired and I was unsure if I could drive that far late in the evening. They stated that this was not an emergency and they would have to charge me. They didn't care. I pressed the issue and asked to talk to a supervisor. They transferred me to general Hilton reservations. The person on the line from the general reservations was most helpful and got the room cancelled for me. We cancelled as we were at Clonmacnoise and we were not sure we could make the drive that night. The reservation staff definitely needs some customer service training. I have been Diamond level at Hilton in the past and this was the worst customer service from reservations perspective that I have ever seen! The rest of the staff gets a good rating, but the reservation team gets a big fat zero!

As the evening continued to wear on, we decided that we would make the drive to the hotel as we wanted to go see some sights in Northern Ireland the next morning. I called to see if we could get a room and was quoted an outrageous price. So, I went to the website and got a cheaper rate than the room I cancelled. Go figure...So, we drove on and arrived at midnight. No problems checking in and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. In fact, I asked about prices to visit various areas and by the time I brought my luggage in, they had printed information about each site I wanted to visit. That was great service.

The next morning, we went down for our complimentary breakfast (Gold member benefit). It was fantastic. They had a mixed berry drink in addition to your standard orange juice, cranberry juice, and apple juice. The breakfast had several options and was served buffet style. They come clear your plates quickly after you clean one off. Very good service in the restaurant for breakfast.

The views are amazing at the hotel and the rooms are very quiet. We were impressed with the beds as well. Much softer than most of the ones we encountered in Ireland. This helped with a good night's sleep. I would have loved to have stayed for golf. Alas, no time.

Parking is a short walk from the hotel, but a very nice, large car park.

I would stay here again, but I would make sure I called 30 minutes prior to cancellation time if I needed to cancel so as to not have the frustrations that were caused there.

The internet was OK in the room. The wifi kept on dropping as we tried to use it. We got wifi for free (Gold benefit), but the wifi was pretty much useless in the room. We gave up after a while as it kept on dropping and we had to keep logging on.

Room Tip: Just make sure you cancel well before the deadline. 4 pm is a hard fast rule here apparently...even if you call before then beware...
1  Thank hoskier
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff were frienldly the hotel bright and welcoming. Would not hesitate to recommend it. It is based around a golf course so possibly not ideal during the day for very young families. But slightly older children 6+ can use the pitch and putting green right in front of the bar/restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I called here a few weeks ago with the intention of having an evening meal. We have been several times to the Sonoma restaurant in the Hilton Belfast and that restaurant has always been very good.

However, in the Hilton Templepatrick when we ordered a pre-dinner drink we were appalled at the price of our two drinks. My husband had to go up to the bar to be served - no waiter service to be seen.

When he returned carrying our drinks I asked " I don't suppose you had much change from a tenner?"
He replied "it was over £13!".
£3.95 for a pint of Becks, £2.25 for a miniature soda water and £7 for a 125ml glass of Sauvignon Blanc. And I had to go back up and ask for ice for the wine as it was lukewarm.

Drinks were far too expensive, service was not visible and staff had a laissez-faire attitude.

So we went elsewhere for our evening meal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieMG

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so disappointed to read your comments as this is certainly not the standard of service we aim to provide at Hilton Templepatrick.

We will be in touch directly with you to follow up your concerns.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

While servers in restaurant were very nice, the staff at reception were not helpful. Internet is free only in two public areas on first floor, so everyone flocks there and the service is slow. They charge by the minute for the use of the public printer/computer, and it wasn't even working, so printing boarding passes was a challenge. Staff member basically wished us "good luck." The pool isn't open to children in the evening, so after a day of touring, we had to get out so their paying adult members only could use the fitness center pool area. There was a discrepancy about the rooms and it took a few negotiation sessions to resolve it. We are Hilton Honors members and use Hilton hotels all over the US. We expected a worry free, receptive environment, with free internet and open pool use for children, and did not find that to be the case. We stayed at hotels in three countries for 15 days and had very positive experiences at all of them, including free and easy internet access and receptive staff. This was an aberration and not a welcome one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Templepatrick, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback on this site and direct to the hotel.

I will make personal contact with you later today to ascertain more information and resolve your concerns.

Chris Parkes