“A Beautiful Meal”
Review of Oregano - CLOSED

Oregano
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2012

After reading all the reviews on Oregano we were able to visit this little Gem last Night.

We were greeted on arrival and shown to our Table.
The Restaurant itself is warm and welcoming as was the atmosphere.

We were offered the 2 x styles of Menu (Pre Theatre & A La Carte).
Both appealing with the A La Carte offering a Greater Variety.
We opted for the Pre Theatre and what a Delight it was.

Service was Formal and not rushed. In Fact just Right.

We started with the Bread and Dips(You must try this but be warned the Small Portion is more than ample for 2 and you end up eating all of it as the Breads are to die for)

For Starters we ordered the following
Homemade Fish Cake with Curry Remoulade & Chicken Caesar Salad.

For Mains
Roasted Crossgar Chicken & Minute Steak

For Sweets
Creme brulee with Golden Syrup
Chocolate Mousse with Cantilly Cream & Raspberries.

I cannot express enough just how good the Food is at Oregano.
Presentation is exceptional and the Flavours compliment all the Dishes.

I highly recommend that all readers visit this place

We very much look forward to Future Visits.

1  Thank rayboy806

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Had a lovely meal here last night with 2 friends. We were a little bit pushed for time ( our fault )as heading on to theatre & waiter could not have been more helpful- he made sure we didn't miss the delicious panna cotta ! Very well priced mid week menu available. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal although staff only ok although were great time before only annoying thing is letting customers smoke right at the entrance and as a non-smoker it's 1 thing that would put me of going back

1  Thank flippenmental
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Always heard wonderful things about this place but never got round to it. Today on a whim the wife and I just turned up in the hope of getting a table and were successful. The wife had seafood chowder and I had salt and chilli beef for starter, both were very tastefully presented but more importantly tasted great. Our mains were chicken for the wife and I had steak and again the food were fantastic. Dessert was chocolate mousse and a crime brûlée and this was the only thing that I could question, but only to be critical they could have used real vanilla pods rather than essence.

The staff were impeccable, genuinely helpful and courteous and made the visit a very positive experience. The cost was also very appealing only £21 each. If your looking for a really nice meal in a nice environment then head here for a goody treat. I think the wife and I will be regulars.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Just in home after my first visit to OREGANO, what can I say ? The whole experience was brilliant from start to finish ,decor,welcome,service,atmosphere and menu first class, then came the food which was outstanding a proper dining experience. All four of us enjoyed every bite!!!!! Special mention for the service, they have a great team out front headed by Paul with good attention to detail. May have been our first visit but won't be our last!!!