“Something Special”
Review of Oregano - CLOSED

Oregano
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've only been for lunch, but enjoyed it every time I've been. The food is very tasty and always nicely presented. I like that there's a restaurant near us that offers a fine dining experience. It's not always perfect, but it is enjoyable.

2  Thank Beasmart

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited Oregano Last Night as part of my Birthday Celebrations.
Was remarkably Quiet, But on the plus Side that is sometimes Good for the Customer.

Our Greeting was as ever Pleasant & Welcoming.
We were shown to our Table and were presented with the Evenings Menus and Drinks Order Taken.

After Browsing the Stunning Delights in Front of us we chose the following

Breads & Dips to Share

Soup of the Day -Minestrone
Spiced Scotch Egg, Carrot Ketchup, Celeriac Slaw , Apple.

The flavours on the Minestrone were just Sublime and enhanced by having the Bread as accompaniment.
The Spiced Scotch Egg was just a Explosion of Flavours all complimenting one another, a hint of Curry, then the Carrot Ketchup, the Coating of the Egg,not to Thick. Just Perfect.

Mains Consisted of the Following

Salmon with Mussels
Rump of Lamb -Spring Vegetables

The Presentation of both these Dishes was nothing short of Works of Art.
So Appealing to Eye.
The Flavours again just simply put -Perfection.
The Salmon and Mussels Cooked to Perfection with the Lamb Served Perfectly Pink.
Quite Simply a Pleasure to Eat.

Our Sweets as follows

Flourless Chocolate Fondant -Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Lemon Meringue

We waited 10mins for the Fondant as informed by our Server, and I think we would have waited quite simply all Night.
The Fondant was just the Best we had ever Tasted,Silky Smooth Centre, slight Crust to outer Casing - Perfection.
Combined with the Salted Caramel Ice Cream - I think I could Cry - Genius!!
The Lemon Meringue was Deconstructed and Visually Stunning.
The Flavours just a Delight on The Tongue.

Oregano just goes from Strength to Strength.

Congratulations to all the Staff on what was quite simply a Masterclass in Gastronomy and Service.

I Thank You

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I would definitely recommend that you go early and enjoy the pre theatre menu! Great value. We were a party of 5 and no one was disappointed with any course! Outside surroundings lets it down a little. This wouldn't stop me from returning but if it was my first visit I would feel little concerned. Potential customers may feel that attention to detail isn't great if the grounds are anything to go by!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I took pictures of my meal, but lost the note of what I had! Do pardon me. It was very good! Something with mash and black pudding, and a dessert served on a slate - different. Their mushroom risotto, which I had another time, was also very good. The meals here are not heavy, thankfully. (Too many restaurants give me portions that are way too big!) The gents’ toilet is beyond spacious. You dry your hands with little towels, and toss them in a basket. That’s very cute, and quite in keeping with the old-country-house setting. I come here for family gatherings, and all of us have liked all the meals we've had. Staff are great, nice waiting lounge. Added irrelevance: I liked all the rooks outside in the tall trees, barking like bullfrogs.

3  Thank Steveodo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have never had a bad meal here. I have been several times a year for around 5 years now and have found the food and service to be excellent on every occasion. We have two young children and they can eat free on a Sunday (the kids menu has a choice of good quality and tasty food). We have eaten in most other places in the Newtownabbey/Carrickfergus area and nowhere else compares to Oregano. Myself and my husband both enjoy cooking so when we eat out we like to have food that we couldn't do better ourselves at home and Oregano definitely ticks that box. The dishes are imaginative, well presented and above all taste great. The staff are always cheerful and helpful. Only one very small gripe is there is no pull down changing unit for young children in the toilets - really an essential for customers dining with children.