“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oregano - CLOSED

Oregano
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
n.i.
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ate here last month,we hadn't been in this part of the country for years,we had known it when it was the Ginger Tree so it was a bit strange going in.The restaurant had been recommended by the b and b we were staying at.We had a very good meal,I had steak and my husband had risotto.the staff were friendly and helpful,if we lived nearer it would become one of our regular places to go!!

• Visited May 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Have been going here twice a year for perhaps 10 years, can thoroughly recommend it, the food is excellent and the service is good. If you are planning a special night out, go here.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank PeterBT14
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Something Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I've only been for lunch, but enjoyed it every time I've been. The food is very tasty and always nicely presented. I like that there's a restaurant near us that offers a fine dining experience. It's not always perfect, but it is enjoyable.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Beasmart
United Kingdom
“A Symphony of Flavours-Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited Oregano Last Night as part of my Birthday Celebrations.
Was remarkably Quiet, But on the plus Side that is sometimes Good for the Customer.

Our Greeting was as ever Pleasant & Welcoming.
We were shown to our Table and were presented with the Evenings Menus and Drinks Order Taken.

After Browsing the Stunning Delights in Front of us we chose the following

Breads & Dips to Share

Soup of the Day -Minestrone
Spiced Scotch Egg, Carrot Ketchup, Celeriac Slaw , Apple.

The flavours on the Minestrone were just Sublime and enhanced by having the Bread as accompaniment.
The Spiced Scotch Egg was just a Explosion of Flavours all complimenting one another, a hint of Curry, then the Carrot Ketchup, the Coating of the Egg,not to Thick. Just Perfect.

Mains Consisted of the Following

Salmon with Mussels
Rump of Lamb -Spring Vegetables

The Presentation of both these Dishes was nothing short of Works of Art.
So Appealing to Eye.
The Flavours again just simply put -Perfection.
The Salmon and Mussels Cooked to Perfection with the Lamb Served Perfectly Pink.
Quite Simply a Pleasure to Eat.

Our Sweets as follows

Flourless Chocolate Fondant -Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Lemon Meringue

We waited 10mins for the Fondant as informed by our Server, and I think we would have waited quite simply all Night.
The Fondant was just the Best we had ever Tasted,Silky Smooth Centre, slight Crust to outer Casing - Perfection.
Combined with the Salted Caramel Ice Cream - I think I could Cry - Genius!!
The Lemon Meringue was Deconstructed and Visually Stunning.
The Flavours just a Delight on The Tongue.

Oregano just goes from Strength to Strength.

Congratulations to all the Staff on what was quite simply a Masterclass in Gastronomy and Service.

I Thank You

• Visited April 2014
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend that you go early and enjoy the pre theatre menu! Great value. We were a party of 5 and no one was disappointed with any course! Outside surroundings lets it down a little. This wouldn't stop me from returning but if it was my first visit I would feel little concerned. Potential customers may feel that attention to detail isn't great if the grounds are anything to go by!

Visited April 2014