“4th Visit.”

Chimney Corner Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newtownabbey
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Have stayed @ this Hotel quite a few times, Room we had was lovely, modern, clean & most comfortable. The price for the weekend was great, Staff lovely, food beautiful, got to know some of the staff which helped me decide to keep going back.One particular guy who worked in the bar was brilliant, He had a fantastic sense of humour & great craic, I never laughed as much. A great weekend & went away with a big smile on my face, Hope to see you all again soon. Thanks for the great hospitality.

Room Tip: I found Being @ the back of the Hotel very relaxing & peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 October 2013

An even more satisfactory visit than the first time last July. We were given the room usually allocated to brides and grooms and it was extremely bright, spacious and attractively furnished. The sleigh bed had a very comfortable mattress. This visit we had the breakfast and what terrific value it was. For just £5 a head there was a cold buffet of fruit, cereals and fruit juice. An Ulster fry was then cooked to order and was served piping hot along with toast, tea and coffee. We already knew that the evening meals served in the restaurant would be good and they did not disappoint. The staff at reception, housekeeping and food service all go out of their way to be helpful, welcoming and friendly. This hotel is a very good deal.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms facing onto the fields at the back so as to avoid potential road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A good hotel just north of Belfast with good caring staff. Check in was a breeze (after finding a pen to register in!). Rooms were functional, if somewhat on the basic side, but hey, I wasn't in the room long!
The restaurant, located a few steps outside of the hotel provided excellent food and service at very reasonable prices.
Thanks for making my stay a good one!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I were in a 2-week vacation in Ireland we were traveling south. We wanted to see the Titanic museum in Belfast but were reluctant to drive in Belfast. We booked into the Chimney Corner Hotel as it was located about nine miles outside of the city. We were talking about our plans to Danielle, our waitress in the hotel restaurant, and she recommended that we take the bus in front of the hotel. Thank you, Danielle, this worked out perfectly.
As for the hotel, it is tired, the furnishings are tired and the hotel has a lot of deferred maintenance. to is in dire need of renovation. On the other hand, the staff is friendly and helpful, the place is clean and the breakfasts in the breakfast room are well prepared and ample.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OcalaTraveler2011
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What a hidden gem of a hotel this was for us to find.

The postcode for the hotel for some reason took us about 10 miles away from the hotel into another part of Northern Ireland, so I called the hotel and the receptionist was exceptional at finding out where I was and in then getting me to the hotel. In fact, she stayed on the phone with me the whole way to the hotel, around 15 minutes in total and this was greatly appreciated as it meant that I got the location a lot sooner than I would have had I tried to find it myself?

The check in process went really well and the receptionist was very friendly and professional and really did give us a warm Northern Irlenad welcome and for this we were very greatful as we had already had a long day beforehand.

Our room was exceptional, well presented and very clean and tidy and certainly not what we had expected when making the booking process. The hotel has had a refurbishment in many parts and from the smell of paint in one of the corridors, is evidently having ongoing refurbishment work, which can only make this hotel an even better place to stay. All I ask is that you keep the prices of the rooms to a minimum, as you have done.

We could not fault the hotel for value of money on the room cost, which was £35 per night. It was that good value, that we actually entended our stay for a further 2 nights, as this saved us a lot of money moving to another hotel in the city and the extra 10 minute drive, really did not bother us, when we were saving at least 50% on our other hotel booking price.

Plenty of car parking at this hotel, quiet, clean, very comfortable bed and perfectly pleasant staff throughout.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely be back again soon, when working in the area again. Thank you

This visit was both business and pleasure and the hotel was suited very well for both.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were taking the ferry back to Scotland; this hotel is in a great location for access to (or from) the ferry. It's not fancy, but it's comfortable, and has an very good restaurant attached to it. The rooms are clean and spacious; it was a good place to relax.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I am a disabled biker and I stayed in room 101, next to reception and fitted out for people with disabilities. There was a raised toilet with hand rails and a walk in shower. Unfortunately there is a six inch step to the shower so no use if you need a shower wheel chair, but there is a swing down shower seat. In the bed room the beds could have been an inch or two higher and a grab rail wouldn't go a miss. However, the mattress was terrible, completely worn out. The sheets were clean and the pillows fine, but there was a blanket rather than a quilt. Breakfast is served upstairs, but they were happy to bring a tray to my room as I can't manage the stairs. Breakfast was of a quite acceptable standard, I had grapefruit; fried breakfast of sausage, bacon, black pudding, fried egg and potato scones; toast and coffee, all for £5. I ordered poached eggs every day, but got fried on all but one occasion also, on one day, breakfast didn't arrive for 50 mins so I didn't get it - I wasn't charged. Most evenings we dined in the attached pub/restaurant where many dishes are £8.75 and of a good standard. The Mexican salad is an odd but enjoyable dish for only £6.50. The staff in both the hotel and the pub were cheerful and helpful and I enjoyed my stay. I'd go again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Eric H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtownabbey
Corrs Corner Hotel
Ten Square
#7 of 44 in Belfast
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Chimney Corner Hotel? Share your experiences!