“Sozo Whiteabbey”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We dined at Sozo on Friday night and what a fantastic atmosphere. The place was buzzing. We had a table by the window and what a way to pass a winter night. We brought our own wine and the staff, the menu and the service was faultless. Hubby had the burger and I had the chicken and noodles and, even though the portions looked huge, not a crumb was left! Very very good value as well with the two mains costing under £25.00. A great dining experience 10/10 in every way!!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Was really looking forward to trying here as whiteabbey has really needed somewhere like this for years! My friend and I decided to go for breakfast before heading to Belfast shopping. Upon arrival we were told there were no tables free which us fair enough. We were asked to wait by the door with menus. Two other couples then arrived after us and were seated straight away! Not too sure why but it's not good!

As we were seated I had to kick food out of the way from under my seat so as not to slip. The floor was so dirty! The waitress then left and did not return for our order until 15 mins later. First of all we had all that time waiting at the door with our menus so we knew what we wanted and second if all didn't ask if we wanted any drinks. So we placed our order along with drinks and waited. Food arrived Luke warm, by this stage I was so hungry I didn't care. So we waited for our drink! And waited! Half way through I got up and went to the counter and explained we had our food and were nearly finished but our drinks had not arrived. The waitress replied 'right'. No apology. By the time we finished our breakfast the drinks had still not arrived. I asked another waitress who then fetched our drinks and apologised.

The food was ok but the service was awful ! Will not be returning!!!

9  Thank karen d
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here, was gorgeous! Lovely friendly staff and beautiful view. Highly recommend. Could not fault the food at all. Will go back very soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Had a great night here. Very helpful and friendly service. Food came promptly and was well presented.
Very convivial atmosphere and best to book well in advance for weekends as it is very popular.
A major benefit is that you can bring your own wine with just a nominal corkage charge.
Recommended .

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Myself and my partner visited sozos today (Saturday 16th) for lunch it was extremely busy managed to get a table as people were just leaving. Had to wait for our order to be taken but when it was the girl was very apologetic and very friendly we didn't mind aswe could see how busy they were (which is always a good sign) I ordered the brisket and my partner had a big dirty burger both were amazing and we didn't have to wait too long after our order was taken. After our lunch we Sat and enjoyed our coffees as we were in no hurry to leave the atmosphere was lovely and we loved sitting beside the big Windows looking out at the sea! Top marks sozos excellent food friendly staff and great atmosphere we will definitely be back!!

1  Thank ljulie83