“Brilliant”
Review of Corrs Corner Hotel

Corrs Corner Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtownabbey
Reviewed 21 November 2012

What a brilliant hotel ! Room was spacious and very clean. Big quality towels in a very clean bathroom ! Friendly helpful staff and helpful cleaners who gave me extra tea biscuits when I asked. Food was great
I will def use again

Room Tip: Ask for room on 5th floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed here recently as part of a group and could not find a fault ,restaurant and bar staff the friendliest I have met in a long time, the room was very spacious and airy and the food was excellent ,I stay in hotels a lot as part of my job and this is definitely one of the best

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank decof
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We booked this place as it was a cheaper option than staying in the centre of town.

It's close to the airport but not too far from town. The staff were all very friendly and up for a chat in the evening.

The room was comfortable, with a good bathroom and flat screen tv.

Food in the restaurant was good and not particularly overpriced. The bar closed around 12 I think, but the guy on reception was happy to bring us beers in the lobby.

Overall we were very happy with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel as part of a group! We werent long in the hotel when one of our group was assaulted by a husband and wife in the corridor. One wonders what kind of clientele this hotel takes in.

The rooms were stuffy and very basic with 4 bed in some of them which was a bit much.

We ate as part of a gala ball and the food was horrific. Prawns for starter which were fresh out of the FREEZER, Chicken that was disgusting with a think skin on it. The vegetarians got the gravy mixed with rice!!!!! NOT MUCH OF AN OPTION>

Staff were generally very rude and slapped out dinners on the tables.

DONT NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MysteryMan2k12
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at Corrs Corner for 3 nights in early November as a friend had her wedding at the nearby Belfast Castle, and the reception was being held at the hotel itself. As soon as I entered the reception I was made to feel very comfortable. The receptionist pointed out where everything was and told me all I needed to know about the hotel, before showing me where to go to find my room. On entering my room I found it very spacious; there was a very comfy double and a single with plenty of floor and storage space too. The bathroom was large with a very powerful, hot shower over a good size bath.

The wedding reception itself was perfect, and I know the hotel bent over backwards to accommodate what my friend wanted, which I know was much appreciated. The food was excellent and the staff were amongst the most friendly I've come across.

When I had a couple of days at the hotel to relax after the wedding, it proved to be ideal for that, too. I enjoyed some beautiful food in the Bar and Grill, which was also the perfect place to chill out with a drink in front of the TV. It was also nice to just relax on the comfy beds in front of the large flat screen TV in my room.

There really is nothing bad I can think of to say about this hotel. It is obviously not in the city centre but a taxi isn't very expensive and it is still close to attractions such as Belfast Zoo and the Castle, which is a beautiful building well worth the visit. All in all it was an ideal place for a wedding reception, and a lovely place to stay. Thanks to everyone at Corrs Corner for making it such a nice stay. I hope to be back at some point in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I came to stay here with my husband and I really was quite shocked as to the standard of this hotel. The quality of the rooms was too far below average to even begin to describe. I found ash on my window sill and was blamed for smoking in the room even though iv never had a cigarette in my life!!! The food I wouldn't serve to my pet iguana. It was distasteful and tasted like burnt rubber. The bar closed early one night so we couldnt even purchase a beverage. When me and my husband were asleep members of staff walked straight in without knocking. We could of lost HORRACE the iguana forever as they left the door open. They proceeded to turn on our lights and open our curtains to "assess damage" as the two of us lay there unclothed. They then left and left all lights on and curtains open. My two children treat Horrace better than we were treated that weekend. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Lets jus say thank god Horrace is still alive.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Iggy1989
Reviewed 5 November 2012

stayed for 3 nights while working in belfast gave us a late check out as we were working nights at anytime we wished unusual for a place to do this.Staff were very friendly and very helpful nothing was too much trouble, rooms tidy with an excellent shower very powerful breakfast excellent and evening food excellent well cooked and fresh

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtownabbey
Chimney Corner Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Corrs Corner Hotel? Share your experiences!