“Comfortable stay would have liked to stay longer”
Review of Corrs Corner Hotel

Corrs Corner Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtownabbey
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay would have liked to stay longer”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely place, great customer service and very comfortable. Good food too. Would have stayed longer & wanted to eat in the grill but they were gully booked and we ran out of time sadly. Will return next year!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kokhav Yair
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not too far from Belfast, the location is good if you are with a car or a group with bus. Furnishing and carpet rather old, despite claim of "recently refurbished". Breakfast and food in general are of lesser quality than one would expect and service is also poor. Free wifi is an advantage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The standards are well mentained in this hotel I've stayed here many times over the last few years.
The standard of food is excellent but I must mention the chef who was on the Vegetables they were cooked to perfection ie carrots with a bite as was the cauliflour & sauce. A lot of chefs could learn from this.
The house staff deserve a mention to I left a note do not tuck in my bed, and could you please leave extra tea& milk all of which was duly done . All the staff appeared cheery and welcoming Thank You
A hotel for the management & staff to be proud off

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on the side of the hotel next to road especially if your a light sleeper,rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Belfast
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Awful service!! 45 minute wait .. Explained for a good 10 minutes no
Onions .. I eventually get a meal with Onions.. After complaining I then get a steak that looked and tasted more like pork! Won't be back in this hotel. It's a shame I heard so many good reports which I find hard to believe.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank BelfastCritic
Bridgene, General Manager at Corrs Corner Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Belfast Critic, thank you for taking the time to review your visit yesterday evening in the grillbar.

I am disappointed that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. We take all complaints seriously and thus I have already spoken with Patricia, the Manager on duty last night who dealt with your party.

As you could see it was extremely busy, however I can only apologise, a 45 minute wait is not our usual standard of service.

I am sorry about the mix up when ordering. You did state no onions, however there were onions in the gravy, which should not have went out on your plate. After Patricia replaced the meal, I believe that the meat was not to your satisfaction. Our meat is 100% beef and supplied by our local butcher that we have been dealing with for over 20 years.

Patricia thought that having spoken with you during the course of your meal and removing your meal from the bill that she had satisfactorily rectified your poor experience, I am sorry to hear that you still left unhappy.

As you were recommended by others, I hope you can appreciate that this is not our usual standard of service. I also hope that you will return to us in the future to give us another try and if you do, please let yourself be known to me so I can speak with you personally about your visit.

Many thanks Martin Toner, General Manager
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

When I was searching for a hotel at the beginning and end of my tour of Ireland, I primarily wanted some where I could find easily and gave me no hassle when it came to parking. And both these boxes were ticked, as the Corrs Corner Hotel is well located if you are planning a tour of Northern Ireland by car. It sets you up nicely for a drive up the Antrim Coastline or visiting Belfast City Centre, or catching a Ferry from the cities port, in fact you can reach quickly and efficiently practically anywhere in Northern Ireland from this hotel. This leads me on to probably its only downside as having such good connections, means the rooms can be noisy especially if you have the windows open, as the hotel is surrounded by main roads. Unfortunately my experience was that the windows needed to be open to cool the room down as the temperature was far too high. Other than that I have no complaints. as the rooms were clean and well fitted out. I should also mention the staff who were very friendly and helpful and the restaurant provided great food, again a huge selling point.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the field at the back are slightly quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
down
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Came on a Sunday with friends fFrom the start service was spot on. Karen was lovely pleasant lady and Pradeep (manager) was attentive and asked if everything was to our satisfaction. Food was amazing and plentiful nothing too much trouble Clean and good atmosphere !!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel on the 14th June and we had a lovely time. We booked one of the suites as we thought they were good value. It was the biggest room we ever stayed in, everything you could ever need and a massive bed which was very comfortable. Everything was very clean and the shower was very powerful. We did not sample dinner from the hotel but we had breakfast the following morning which we enjoyed - there was a good choice all round. We ventured into Belfast in the evening as we know it well to get dinner. I wanted to have a drink so a taxi was £14-£15 one way into Belfast via fonacab. There is so much parking at the hotel you will never have a problem getting a space. We had no real problems with noise - our room was at the back looking towards the countryside and with the windows and curtains closed we couldn't hear anything. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtownabbey
Chimney Corner Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aldergrove
Adair Arms Hotel
Adair Arms Hotel
#5 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Corrs Corner Hotel? Share your experiences!