“Great customer service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cushendall
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“Great customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Myself and my partner attended a wedding reception at your Hotel on Thursday last (our second in a year at your hotel) .But unlike the previous occasion, I had forgotten to inform you of my food intolerance.
An hour before the meal was to be served, I approached the lady at reception, who brought the chef along with her less than a minute later. (I will apologise that I can't remember the chefs name, he was about 5'7'' with dark hair), but he took me through the menu, informing me on what I could and couldn't eat and what he would prepare to ensure that I received a full meal along with the rest of the guests. Not only that, but he tracked me down in the bar some 10 minutes later, to ask if fruit salad would be OK for the suite.
I am well used to being restricted in restaurants as to what I am able to eat and ''the chef not being able to accommodate my request'', so this service was an unexpected, yet most pleasant surprise.
I would, therefore, like to pass on my gratitute and thanks , to all of your staff involved, but moreover to your chef for his outstanding customer service.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
larne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in the hotel went to a wedding great wedding lovely meal and excellent table service very friendly receptionist when checking in and assisting at breakfast.The room was small but was all that was needed could have done with some heat on in the room.All and all nice hotel great venue for a wedding and very pleasant staff throughout.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank michelle m
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice now and find the staff very friendly and helpful. We love the area, my daughter loves all the local attractions, and this hotel is in a good location for them. We stayed in the family room this time around, clean and comfortable, lovely night sleep, comfy beds. The food is great, good menu, good size portions and tastes fantastic. We did not have drinks in the bar time around but had coffee in the lobby, it has good character, nice atmosphere.
we will be back again in the spring.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this "hotel" three days ago i was in Cushendall for a wedding. On arrival I had to go & look for someone to check me in. The girl that checked me in was rude, uninterested in my requests & I felt like I should have been asking her any questions. She then call the chef to come & take me to my room, to my surprise he lead me out of the hotel & to a house next door. I had to climb up 3 sets of stairs. All the room doors & windows were lying opened & it was freezing. The room was disgusting!!! Small, smelly & dirty. Extremely basic!
I obliviously could see into the other rooms & they were no better.
My whole experience with this hotel & staff was very disappointing. The only good thing was the 3am bar. Trust me you would need a lot of drink to stay here.
When we were leaving the staff made no effort at all with us. I come from a hospitality background & I can't get over how this hotel is still functioning.
Cushendall itself is stunning!!! I will go back but I will be booking into a B&B...

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank WeeASH82

Travellers are raving about these Cushendall hotels

County Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Family stop-over for one night---- the room, which was in an annexe to the hotel, was small and clean but tired and dated, ensuite was tiny.
Evening meal just OK, served on oilcloth covered tables in a bland conservatory.
The bar which could be very cosy had tired furniture and in dire need of refinishing.
Breakfast was a definite step-up being served in the restaurant with plenty of choice.
Front of house, bar and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful.
Given the surroundings the family room was a little overpriced considering it was paid in Sterling.

Room Tip: The annexe rooms all appear to be small and dated.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liam55
Hungerford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lovely hotel who looked after our group of 23 walkers on half board for 7 nights. Spotlessly clean, superb food, comfortable bed, very very helpful and friendly staff. Excellent location for our walking week in the Antrim Hills, shops nearby plus other pubs if needed but not by us as we were perfectly happy with al aspects of the Glens. Good value bottles of wine, free wifi, plenty of visitor information. Very efficient reception - room numbers allocated in advance which made check-in very quick. Canot believe some of the poor posted comments - none applied to us we only have good comments and good memories.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I stayed hear last bank holiday weekend so decided to go back for this one and had another great time good value good food small rooms but clean and all you need is in them and friendly staff what more can you ask for.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MK500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cushendall
Marine Hotel Ballycastle
#3 of 8 in Portrush
Cullentra House
Cullentra House
#1 of 10 in Cushendall

Been to The Glens Hotel? Share your experiences!