“Pleasant Holiday at Tavnahoney”

Tavnaghoney Cottages
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Holiday at Tavnahoney”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just arrived back from a week long stay in wonderful Tavnahoney Cottage. More than adequate accommodation for four of us, three adults and one child. Rooms spacious, spotlessly clean, 3 bathrooms, lots of towels! The rooms were nicely decorated and furnished. Everything needed was supplied and our welcome pack was much appreciated. Information leaflets and maps, details of takeaways and local restaurant menus, suggestions for day trips all laid out on hall stand. Peace and quiet and wonderful views. Appreciated the "No Pets Allowed" ruling. Definitely looking forward to our next stay, and have highly recommended to family members.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne Marie A
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am so plaeased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback & hope that having enjoyed your stay, you will revisit with us soon! Keep an eye out for our autumn offers - 3 nights for the price of 2 or 7 nights for the price of 5.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am just back from a week at these cottages, athough i have stayed here many times i will no longer be back and neither will anyone else in my family.

Had I known that the situation would be so awful, I would never have booked this for my holiday. What I expected was a nice holiday with my family and my pet, which is a 7 month lab pup which I had made sure that that everywhere we went the pup could have come with me. This was not what I got.
1. The Second day I got a message to call the landlord and was told that the other people in the last cottage had complained that we were allowed a dog. And that they were not comfortable with dogs.
2. I could not understand this that the children were playing with my pup in the park the night before.
3. on Thursday as the weather was not great we left at about 12.30 to take the children to the Cinema and left the pup in the cottage. This is not a new thing for my pup as I work full time and the dog is fully house trained. I came out of the cinema with a missed call from a girl from my work. The landlord rather than calling me phoned my office and spoke to my boss about the dog being in the cottage. He proceeded to tell him about the issues that he had.
This is not very good business practice, I work in a public office and they did not need to know all my business. When I spoke to the landlord he said that the dog barked when he looked through the window, well that is what a dog is meant to do when someone is looking through your window. He said that that the neighbours are not really dog people, again this is not my fault and yet I am being complained at.
4. On Friday we had family up to visit and we had been out most of the day with the dog to the beach and the caves, when I returned I came in via the side gate and was was on the receiving end of a lot a abuse from the neighbour he kicked the fence at me, the children and my pup and started the swear and me in front of the children. This is not acceptable.
I called the landlord padraig and he came up and spoke to then, I don’t know what was said but I was basically told that is my fault as I have the dog with me.
My family have been using this company for years and I feel completely let down. I have been very upset by this whole matter, my family holiday was ruined and everyone left upset and stressed about the whole thing.

I sent the above complaint today, i was telephoned to be told that Padraig had stated that this never happened and that he had never had to come and speak to the neighbouring cottage. i cant believe that a grown man has lied. I feel very let down by this service

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank victoria j
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Having many years of excellent reviews it is very disappointing to receive such a negative review.
Tavnaghoney prides itsefl on its level of service as is evident from previous reviews and it was because of this that we reconsidered our 'NO PETS' policy for this client who, as she says, has been a valued repeat client for a number of years. I gave permissiofor one small dog but following complaints from the adjoining client discovered 2 dogs were staying. Instead of a small dog, there was an almost fully grown labrador pup which was barking & jumping against the adjoining fence. I did call to speak to both clients hoping to resolve matters and at no time denied doing so.
I.m afraid as a result of this dispute we will no longer consider taking pets for any cleint in the future. This will ensure all our clients know what to expect.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the first enquiry to the final goodbye, the whole experience was excellent. Padraig and his team have got it right! There were five of us and we had cottage B, the one in the middle. The accommodation was just what we were looking for - one en-suite double room, one twin room and a three bedded room. What was great was the fact that the property had three toilets and two bathrooms so no-one had to wait long to use the facilities. All the bedrooms were nicely furnished and comfortable.
The lounge, dining area and kitchen were again nicely furnished with all mod cons and everywhere was clean and tidy for our arrival. In the hall there are lots of leaflets, maps and information about the area.
We had fantastic weather and made the most of the beautiful Antrim area. Some interesting things to do include Glenariff Forest Park waterfall, Rathlin Island, Strangford Lough, Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, Giants Causeway and a leisurely drive around the tiny coast roads. Do make sure you have time to take a city bus tour in Belfast too - very informative.
If you're looking for a break in N. Ireland, Tavnaghoney cottages are exactly where you want to be!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for such a glowing review! Everyone at Tavnaghoney is delighted you had such a good time - you certainly saw plenty of Northern Ireland - and you had the best weather of the year so far! Hopefully we can entice you back at some stage. Keep an eye out for our special offers! Take care and thanks again!
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Service and communication are really good: thanks to the team.
A lot of places and cleaned rooms with all furniture provided.
A great location to visit Antrim County. Starts can be seen in the night clearly and nature (green grass and sheep) surrounded us.
For a group or family with children it is a great spot.

Room Tip: If you are a group of person/friends, there is 7*3 cottages beds: excellent!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
So glad you enjoyed the peace & tranquility in Glenaan! Thank you for your review - we hope that you will visit with us again & look forward to welcoming you back!
belfast
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Visited Tavnaghoney Cottages for a return visit for the Bank Holiday weekend. We were so lucky with the weather and had blue skys all weekend. We were there just for a relaxing weekend to catch up with friends and get away from it all. Tavnaghoney were so accommodating and allowed us a very early check in and also a late check out on the Sunday. Welcome pack awaited out arrival with bread, milk, biscuits - all the basics you need to get you started. Cottage was spotless. Great facilities. Kitchen very well equipped and every mod con you could possible need. Three bedrooms and three bathrooms which suited us perfectly. Brilliant location for a lovely drive along the coast to Carnlough etc and then back to Cushendall. A few drinks in the local pubs (for the non drivers of course) and then back to the cottage. Good seating in the back garden for eating (and drinking). All in all a great weekend and will definitely be making another return trip - hopefully in the near future.
Grainne

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is really good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't promise good weather all the time (but hasnt this summer been fantastic!) but we will do our level best to ensure that all our visitors have a really great holiday. I do hope you will visit with us again!
Rotherham
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We visited Ireland in February 2013 to catch up with friends and family with our four young children, we found the cottages very comfortable and well equipped, which made the holiday! We had friends visit for dinner and drinks and it was like a home from home.

We arrived late so the welcome pack was appreciated, the manager also let us leave late on our return date to suit our boat times.

The cottages have sky TV installed so we brought our Sky card and were able to enjoy additional channels.

All in all the accommodation made the trip and we will return with friends next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnM349
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your lovely review! I am so glad that you had a great time catching up with family & friends and hope that you will revisit with us another time. We are always glad to accomodate an earlier arrival or late departure if it is at all possible and I know tying in with ferry of flight times can be tricky - so I am glad we could help. We run special offers throughout the year, so keep an eye out & maybe we can entice you back before long!
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Excellent Quiet Spacious Clean. Back of house barbeque. Ireland's most stunning costal walking nearby along the Causeway Antrim Coast and Fair Head paths and alternatively on any of the 9 antrim glens. The Glens are like table top mountains circa 400m high often with sheer cliff faces and siometimes waterfalls. One can hike to the top easily enough on a less steep side but take a GPS and map. Also great for road biking and mountrain biking and trail/moutain/ road rnning eg running any parts of the causeway coast track ( very long track eg 50Km) must be one of the best scenic runs in the world. Just be surefoote and dont stumble over the cliff faces. The cottages had 7 beds ( 2 bouble and 1 triple). Kitchen / Dining area is open plan spacious. You can cook for yourslef, lots o equipment there, or tip into town and get takeaway or goto a rerstaurant. There are 3 cottages in a row. When you can fill the house the price is good. These Coattages are about 4 K from Cushendall Village so if drinking might need a taxi home. Have stayed there 4 times. Gerry

Room Tip: You WILL enjoy these cottages andstunning location and outdoor activities in the area.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Padraig M, Owner at Tavnaghoney Cottages, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
The Causeway Coast & Glens are a really fantastic activity base - especially for walkers and I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. Its always particularly good to see so many our visitors returning year after year. We really appreciate your support and will always do our best to make sure you have an enjoyable stay at Tavnaghoney, Many thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cushendall
Marine Hotel Ballycastle
#3 of 10 in Cushendall
Glenn Eireann House B&B
Glenn Eireann House B&B
#4 of 10 in Cushendall

Been to Tavnaghoney Cottages? Share your experiences!