“Popular new dining/bar place”
Review of 55 Degrees North

55 Degrees North
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We arrived into Portrush late, and were glad this place was close tour B&B. It's a popular busy place. Food was above average, although it didn't knock my socks off. Service was good. The ambience is nice, and during the daylight hours you have a great view from the dining room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I dined here on a busy Saturday night. The place was crowded and we had to wait for a few minutes after the time I has booked the table for but this was fine. Once seated the staff were quick and service could not be faulted at all. The food was excellent and all in all the experience was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife , 4 year old and I are, sorry were regular customers of this restaurant . In early October we availed of the early bird menu which does offer good value for money. My wife ordered a pasta dish and when served asked for some Parmesan to sprinkle over the top. She was informed by the waitress that this would cost an additional £1.

We were both taken aback, as it is widely accepted that Parmesan is an accompaniment of this dish and is provided like other condiments and sauces. We have NEVER been charged before or had any queries in other restaurants or indeed in there previously and often are asked by the server if we would like Parmesan!

The sever said she would ask the chef but came back soon and was rather embarrassed to confirm that the £1 charge was going to stand. In principle we refused and she profusely apologised saying it was not her choice, but this was a variation in the menu according to management !. Really.

What next £1 for black pepper for my steak?

I e mailed the restaurant and 6 weeks later still await to hear from them . Extremely poor customer service From management for their decision and lack of respect to acknowledge my complaint.

Some people may say its only a pound but I would have more respect for a restaurant who treat customer complaints seriously. Ok I was there for an early bird menu, but have been there with large groups previously and unfortunately will take our custom elsewhere from now on

5  Thank Boydy1874
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We all had a great lunch,it was well priced and well cooked. We all agreed it was a good visit and the food was lovely,especially the steaks and the sauce , mustard cream sauce, was very good. The service was friendly and efficient. The view is simply the best and well worth the visit. We will all go again. Thanks 55 Degrees North.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We ate at the restaurant on sat night, a group of 10 in the bistro, food was good and the service was great, no complaints and found it to be very good value !