“Probably won't stay anywhere else” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Port Hotel

The Port Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Probably won't stay anywhere else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I make regular trips to Portrush with my partner for short breaks. Having stayed in several other hotels in the area, i think its fair to say that the Port Hotel has certainly gained my repeat business, check in was fast and simple with a friendly receptionist, room was big and comfortable with everything you need and not too dated. Free street parking (again receptionist was very helpful here) and great central location. Went to the Ramore for dinner which never dissapoints and walked back to the hotel. Room was quite hot during the night but it was very cold and stormy outside, so understandable. Only had a small breakfast which in retrospect was a pity because what i did have was lovely. For £49 a night it's gonna be hard to beat!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portrush
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I wish to compliment the overall impression of our Stay at this hotel. It gave far more than promised... I got so much extra help from the staff when I needed it.
I had taken ill and had a wedding reception to go to and so they went out of their way to help and accommodate my needs. With Extra duvets and heating. I felt that I with Flu symptoms and Asthma, I actually got healed during my stay. It was staff from reception and kitchen and bar that brought this Superior and lavishing treatment to our stay. I am So So Happy for their Great Help!
THANK YOU!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We booked this hotel last minute over the phone, it was quick and easy. Lovely room with friendly staff. The following morning we returned to the car to find the battery had gone flat. A member of staff was extremely helpful in fetching his van to jumpstart the car!

Room Tip: Top floor is a long walk!
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in port hotel few years ago and when I returned on friday 8/11/13 for a weekend break there's been some lovely changes. Reception has had a face lift as some of the room's and I was told the rest is in the middle of being done up. We ate in the hotel both night's food was beautiful 3 course £12.95 well worth it, breakfast was also lovely. The staff in the restaurant/bar was brilliant always smiling, polite as was the receptionist, maids management. The cellar bar so warm with a open fire lit nice atmosphere and good pub quiz on the Friday night followed by karaoke with crazy davy both Friday & Saturday. As when the rest of rooms are finished I'd give it a 4 star especially for food and location and the staff. Thank you for a lovely stay and will be back again soon :) scott.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Came here as a large family group, my room was located in old smoking part (rm2), our room had what I can only describe as a sulphur smell !! Went to reception and the lady on desk was more than happy to change us.
Beds have seen there day, as have most of carpets.
Went to bar early evening were motger in law was looking something to eat foid came only to be told that she would have to sit up the back or her room.
That night at pub asked could we sing to be automatically told no fields of anthenry or rubbish like that. Crazy dave would need brought out of the past and stop assuming that anyone with an irish name is going to sing irish songs, this put a dampner on whole night.
Breakfast was ok apart from all seemed deepfried.
Would of went back all apart from 'crazy daves' remarks !!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and i stayed here for 2 nights and we loved every minute of it!! The Hotel is spotless and in a great location with everything u need on ur doorstep.. The staff were really friendly and very helpful from the receptionists to the bar staff.. Have booked again to go bk in February so would highly reccomend The Port Hotel :-)

• Stayed October 2013
Omagh, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in the Port Hotel and we had a fantastic time. Our room was nice with a very comfortable bed and great bathroom and shower. The food was second to none just lovely and the staff, well what can I say, so friendly and helpful. Chris, Jackie, Johnny, Gillian, Ian, Mark, and Niall were all fantastic, we can't thank them enough and then there is Crazy Davy who does the karaoke on a Friday and Saturday night what a character he was so much fun. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have already booked to stay again in April. Thank you all so much for making our anniversary a memorable one. See you all in April.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandie40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Portrush Atlantic Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,631 reviews

Been to The Port Hotel? Share your experiences!