“LOG CABINS extremely disapointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portrush
Hilltop Holiday Park
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“LOG CABINS extremely disapointing”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

to say it sleeps 5 people this would need to be reviewed ok just to lay your head (couldnt swing a cat in it), charging £1 to use the shower is reasonable if it had hot water the toilets closing at 11PM is shocking booked too stay two nights stayed one and left the next morning for £90 you just expect alittle more for your money extremely disappointing and too expensive for what is on offer will not be returning

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank cnwd2003

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Loved our weekend up in one of these caravans. The staff was really friendly and the whole site was kept clean and tidy. The caravan was great there was everything ya needed it them. The decking round it we were able to sit out and watch the air show il definaly be back up to it very soon. It's real value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank andrew445040
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We have had a few bad experiences of camp sites that are just too noisy at nights and no security at nights. This camp site was brilliant in that a strict curfew is enforced at eleven o clock, I very much appreciated this as I need my sleep, as do my kids. We had a tent and pitched on a very very windy hill, hence the name hilltop. The wash facilities were small but clean and modern. The play park is basic but the location of the park is convenient to the town and there's a good lidl across the road for lovely fresh breads in the morning. I had heard a few snobby reports about this site being in the middle of a rough housing estate. Ok, u have to drive up the hill past an estate to get into the camp site but this is certainly not the end of the world. Don't listen to these people, you don't even know the estates there once you are on site. Good value for money campsite, quiet at night, good location. Can't complain.

• Stayed August 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I just spent 3 nights on the site in a motorhome and the touring site is very badly designed with uneven pitches and they are very close together. One pitch is even up close to the chemical toilet block but thank goodness we didnt get this. The site is noisy with traffic non stop and even after the gate was closed we discovered people were driving to the toilet block at all hours of the night. On the 2nd night we were in bed and children were banging the motorhome and my neighbour had the same problem. I reported it next day and was told we should have phoned security which we weren't informed about. The toilet and shower block is not big enough for the number of people using it although it was spotless. There were big queues every morning. We have stayed in many other sites in the area which are better so i wouldn't recommend this site if you have a caravan or motorhome. Considering how many people are buying motorhomes now it would be worth spending money on improving the facilities as the site is in a lovely area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank shoeshoppat

Travellers are raving about these Portrush hotels

Greenisland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I've stayed here a few times in my touring caravan and would say this site is pretty average. There are two many static, tourers and tents on the site at any given time and it smacks of ram them in and get as much money as you can. It is simply to over crowded and if you are looking for a quiet time away this is not the place. The touring pitch is in the centre of the park and literally on a hill. Be sure to bring a spirit level and plenty of bricks as you'll need it to level your caravan. The toilet/shower block is clean and tidy but is simply to small to serve the number of people using it. I give up last time and just showered in my own caravan. You also get charged a £1 for the use of a shower. The play park is decent but could do with a makeover. If you are pitched up on the bottom field be sure to tell your kids its a 10 minute walk away. There is a cafe on site now which I haven't tried so can't comment. All in all this site is not my cup of tea and is always a last resort when everything else is booked out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank David T
belfast
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was my second trip here to stay in one of six camping cabins. It was a child free and husband free weekend with the girls, clean cabins with electricity and your own outside table with stone for bbq. 34 in a taxi into town. Clean showers and toilets and great security. No noise at night, super for all types of visitors. Would definately reccommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Somecatch
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the geodomes/cabins July the weather was beautiful and so was portrush.
Geodomes overall very good bit tricky getting in and out of but the heater was fantastic in them when it got chilly at night.
Cabins overall lovely inside mattress was quite uncomfortable would recommend bringing an air bed to put on top of the mattresses.
I was however disappointed on the Sunday morning when a neighbour came over and said was this my car I said yes and he said some teenagers had been throwing sticks around In the middle of the night and he saw them damage our car we had a big dent pushed in her.
We told reception but they said they weren't responsible of any damage. And never done nothing about it but take my number. Also was abit noisy at night while trying to sleep. Especially when it said quiet time between 11-8am
Toilets also I would recommend even bringing a portaloo. They where so far to walk especially in the night if you needed to go.
Overall I had a great time in portrush always do and wanted to try something new. But I am abit worried at the min if I want to come back especially when my car got damaged. And the distance to the toilet.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Char2177
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Portrush Atlantic Hotel
#1 of 8 in Portrush
Causeway Hotel
Causeway Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Hilltop Holiday Park? Share your experiences!