“Family holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portrush
Hilltop Holiday Park
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Family holiday”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to just have a budget holiday this year as we are saving for our wedding
But we couldn't believe the quality of the caravan we got. Very modern, very cosy and our 2 year old daughter loved it.

It had everything we needed in it and we are definitely going to be back again..

The park at the site was amazing also for our daughter

The only downside was we couldn't get connected to the wifi, but that wasn't an issue at all as there was plenty to do.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Gillian D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was here with my family at the end of May in a three bed caravan and I have to say it was the best caravan park I have ever stayed in it was lovely and clean there was a great new play park for the kids .I found the staff extremely helpful they could n't do enough for us ,as I work in customer service and travel the world for my own job I have seen a lot of places but Portrush has to be one of the nicest and cleanest places I have ever been and Blairs Hilltop Caravan Park is the best place to stay. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Lisa Cowan

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lisa3007972
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Rented mobile as htls expensive paid 200gbp 3 nights grt value. We have 2 kids 6&8. Playground new & very good. Lidl down the road u hav to drive past rundown housing estate to get to park dont b put of. Portrush lovely beaches & playgrounds ate in harbour u cudnt prebook so eat early to avoid waiting 1 hour for diner r just cook at mobile kitchen very well equiped tin foil & cooking oil ect. Would recommend it to any family all rented mbls are new double glazing heating ect. No dishwasher. Great base for anyone visiting giants causeway r rope bridge there is a train ride at giants causeway into a small town avoid it very slow & my 2 got bored on it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank family2and2
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and i were looking to book a caravan here for a week away. We phoned up to book and asked if our ages are alright, woman on the other end of the phone said yes no bother. We rang up couple days later to book and pay and the woman said its 25+ to stay in our caravans. I think this is an absolute disgrace as me and my partner are under 25. I dont think age should matter. And i also do not think it is worth the money! I am horrified that this place would have an age limit on, and maybe yous should update your website to let your paying customers know that there is an age limit to stay in a caravan!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Megann M

Travellers are raving about these Portrush hotels

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for NW 200 2014 in one of the mobile caravans and found it to be perfect for our needs, everything you need just like being at home really, Blair's staff where very helpful and the site was clean. Only gripe was we were next to the campsite which was not a problem until the Friday local teenagers camped and it was noisy all night felt sorry for the true bike fans who were camping, but will defo use them again

Room Tip: Stop of before you arrive at tesco's and get your bits and your sorted for the whole stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marcellouswallace
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Took my wife and two young boys for a night in the wooden glamping huts. Four of us slept comfortably on the very wide bed. Clean, warm and relatively sound proof. Fridge, bin, sockets, kettle. Your own picnic bench out the front. Only negative is the toilet block is a good walk. Great kids park. Loved the experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Des T
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I feel compelled to review this site, which is a first bad one.
I have been biking and camping all over the world in excess of 40 years and never have I been subjected to such poor amenities and lack of consideration, ever.
On arrival at the reception, we were informed that we were not booked in, although we took the time to book the site weeks in advance, we had not been registered, which didn’t cause any issues but showed lack of professionalism.
Whilst in the reception we were offered a NW200 programme for £5, reasonable price. This went up to £10 as the weekend approached.
After driving through a maze of caravans and static caravans eventually came to the field we were staying in, which had its own gate at the bottom of the field, but was unmanned, probably because there was no financial gain.
Even though the site was charging £30 pound per head regardless if it was one night or three, as some of the bikers we met had to pay £30 per head, for the Friday night alone.
I could have done better sleeping in a field and washing in a river, which I have done. 4 portable toilets which were ok on the Wednesday night, when only approximately 20 tents were there, then these were moved over into another area of the filed later in the week, we all know the result of that. No they were not cleaned out, just moved.
There was a block of 4 showers but these were not opened until Friday, so as per instructed we walked to the toilet block, within the main campsite, approximately 400 yards, not a great problem, until Friday morning when we were locked out of the field, and had it not been for providence, we would have had to walk the mile and a half up and down a very steep hill, in flip flops and shorts, thankfully it was warm and not raining. These shower had to be paid for by placing £1 for 10 minutes into a box, on Saturday they did not work, although you had to put your pound in to find out, when asking the ‘site maintenance’ he stated the boiler was not working, then why was there no signs warning people, I think you’ll know why.
On Thursday night the real problems started, hoards of what I would call, inner city kids, arrived, totally wrecking the campsite, throwing bottles and rubbish everywhere, howling like wolves until 3am driving their cars around the campsite, having fights and just causing mayhem.
When reported to the site representatives in the morning they stated, “It will not happen tonight, we have 6 security guards and any disturbance they will be removed”
Apart from making the bikers remove their bikes and cars being placed outside the camping area, nothing that night changed, if not it was worse.
That bad 50% of the true bikers left.
I realise that every business has to run at a profit but when you put money before people’s safety and ‘hire’ what you term ‘security guards’ which by the way did not have SIA licences, therefore not trained to do the task at hand and when they are nowhere to be seen when required, I have my doubts about the scruples, under which this tent camp site is run.
If this is the ‘Official NW200’ campsite, then the event organisers should be seriously concerned.
If it helps, as this site is clearly unable to think beyond profit, the site is large enough to make two sites, one for the true bikers, who do care for where they stay, don’t leave rubbish and destroy facilities and a site for what I can only call ‘festival animals’.
Reading past reviews this is nothing new and nothing has changed, the site complains about less people, are you honestly that shocked.
We definitely will not be returning. We found a nice field.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
18 Thank barmadhatters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Inn on the Coast
#1 of 8 in Portrush
Causeway Hotel
Causeway Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Hilltop Holiday Park? Share your experiences!