“Ignore the whingers!!”

Skerries Holiday Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portrush
Skerries Holiday Park
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've read the reviews complaining of the rules about this beautiful park. The rules are there for the benefit of everyone. Go to Europe and u will find similar rules. This is the best caravan park on the north coast!! In terms of price, elevated location and facilities there is none to match. The staff are exceptional, polite and efficient. Whether u have kids or not this is the place to come and have a relaxing holiday. Ignore the whingers and try for yourself.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank steviewylie

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I'm just back from a one night overnight camping stay, I only read the reviews about the site after I had booked my one night pitch. I arrived expecting to be met by the local gestapo only to find a pleasant and civil receptionist. There are barrier controlled entry gates for cars, however as I was driving a transit van I was informed that a staff member would need to operate the non height restricted gates, I was told I had to be back on site by nine at night. I was told where to pitch my tent (I had the field all to myself, dog and eight year old excluded). I pitched my tent and off I went to the beach (white sands - amazing, very quiet at seven on a Saturday night in September). I came back the night warden let me in (he even seemed friendly), I soon realised I left shoes on the beach, I spotted the warden explained that I had to go back out and be let back in (he smiled again and uttered the words "no problem") he let me out... and let me back in smiling both times. I went to sleep on a peaceful campsite. I woke up and realised that I (being a bit of a dope) had left the a window open on the van.... and surprise surprise, the camera and wallet left on the font seat were still there. I found the toilets and wash area absolutely spotless. My son put money in a machine in the play room (that was switched off), I went in to reception to explain what had happened. I couldn't believe it the blonde lady smiled and gave me back his sixty pence (I was starting to bet worried, when would it go wrong!). I again went on and off the campsite and the staff again smiled at me (at this stage I was getting confused) so I went swimming again on the beach. I came back took down my tent, packed the van and headed off. On the way out I went in to the office and asked if they could google the opening times of a sports shop in Belfast which they did no problem. At this stage I had to come clean and told them of my concerns about the bad reviews I had read. They told me that they were aware of the bad reviews that they had had, a tiny minority of the thousands of people that visit. They said they make no bones about strict adherence to the rules and now encourage people to write there own reviews so here's mine....
I spent one night on a very reasonably priced campsite. I found the four staff members that I met very polite and obliging when I had a problem. The shower blocks are immaculate and the site is maintained to a very high standard. The 'chippy' on site is fine for a bit of hot food but not fantastic. Far more a caravan / static home village than a campsite. If you can accept the rules that the owners enforce you get a very clean, quiet and well maintained site. If you are looking for a family site I would (going on anecdotal evidence) have no hesitation recommending this one. Yes it is a family site and one that I will be heading for the next time I'm camping on the North Antrim Coast.

Room Tip: I stayed in a tent, and there isn't a fitness centre or pool also sleep quality was more down to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I camped here 21st-25th August with my two sons. Very reasonably priced for an immaculate site that is very well maintained. There is a well stocked shop, chippy (we didnt try the chippy), games room that my sons enjoyed, and a playpark that my 10 yr old thoroughly enjoyed. We were made feel very welcome, the shower/toilet block was kept clean, we couldnt have asked for more, or a better site to camp on. Definitely will be a regular visitor now.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank NikkiNathanJosh
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Brilliant site wouldn't go anywhere else lots for the
Kids to do. Everything you need on site,
Carol-Anne is very helpful and dedicated to her job
All in all its a great place to base yourself to enjoy
The north coast

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vivienne B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am sorry but I completely understand and agree with the negative comments having had a similar experience. To backup the last comments the owner and the blonde lady assistant are both very nasty ignorant people. Both need to be retrained in how to deal with customers and the public in general.
The artificial smile and insincerity leaves you in no doubt of how they behave towards you, that is completely fake artists, unless you want to buy a new caravan and then you will hear her say “Have a good Weekend”. Their lack of sincere manners leaves a lot to be desired.
I would like to advise anyone staying here you need to take a health warning stay away!! Be aware if you have a problem, forget it these owners have the answer already sought in their twisted mind ie its your problem not mine!!!.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
19  Thank IanBlair
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Once again a great site. Kids love the play area.

The site has everything you need for a caravan, water close by, individual grey waste drain.

The chip shop is quite expensive for all you get but other than that we really like this site.

I really don't understand the negative comments about this park. We have stayed here on a few occasions and have never had an issue with any of the staff who have always been friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Who_KnowsIreland
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Owner is rude and nasty! Your Kids can't move and are being watched in away that is distrubing! Never have I come across a caravan site for so many rules and a owner who walks around it like she's the police. I fully understand rules have to be in place to keep the caravan site safe and enjoyable but this site is just unbeleviable! The owner is a horrible women who should not be dealing with the public! Iv stayed in plenty of caravan parks and safe to say I am in total shock at the Skerries maybe it suld be called the scareys and between her security staff who knock at your caravan door as if there putting it through and her awful way of dealing with the public this caravan park is def a scarey place!!! I'm still in shock at the way this women gets away with talking to people!!

• Stayed: July 2013