“nice place to stay”

Ranked #25 of 28 Portrush B&B and Inns
dublin
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

3 of us stayed 2 nights in the Bare Mar in Portrush and enjoyed our stay very much.
Alan and his staff were all very nice. room was clean and comfortable .
the breakfast was nice, although we had to wait until 9am to eat- We would have preferred to have breakfast earlier if possible.
B&B is well located, about 15 min walk to town centre and with a supermarket across the road which was very handy!
I would recommend a stay here in the Brae Mar , both for value for money& comfort

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

had an overnite stay at the brae-mar and must say was well pleased with everything overall from the food to the clean rooms well worth the money would definately use again the breakfast was huge and plenty of cereals fruit etc to choose from

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend, and it was clean, tidy and warm. The breakfast was nice only gripe was it had no beans so a bit dry. We were the only people staying so it was nice and quiet and the owner very nice and helpful. Will return again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Rang up to enquire if suitable for disabled the owner said that it had all bedrooms upstairs but he could offer me apartment which included breakfast .when my husband went to ask about breakfast next morning .a lady inform him that we didn't get breakfast with the apartment and then he spoke to owner he said he forgot he had offer us breakfast so we had to purchase breakfast elsewhere. Also bed was the most uncomfortable has we could feel spring so I ended up sleeping on chair no owners to complain to when leaving on a helpful note phone for doctors when my husband took I'll sorry will not be back overcharged for what we got wouldn't except our credit card for payment

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This business trip coincided with one of the busiest times in the holiday season in Northern Ireland so the place was busy but Alan rang me to check my time of arrival so that he could meet me when I arrived.
I have stayed here before and was again pleased with the room I was given good sized bed maybe toon many pillows, cushions etc for my taste but some people must like that.
The location is near one of the towns beaches so I went for a swim then back to change before strolling into town for a great fish supper from Mr Chips eaten on the prom with the sea air to enhance the appetite.
Alan cooked me a huge breakfast with soda fails and potato cakes the Norn Irish version of the great British/Irish fry up is always loaded with carbs, and when I had to print some documents for work he showed me to his PC and told me to work away.
I would not hesitate to stay here again

Room Tip: I have slept at the front and the side of the house and had no trouble sleeping traffic on the Coler...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bessbrook, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Just back frm a weekend in portrush and stayed here, alan the owner was a total gentleman, breakfast was 10 outta 10, very homely hotel, had my 2 young kids with us and they loved it esp the spa bath, room had plenty of space and beds were very comfy, will def be back :)))

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Would not recommend this B&B. On arrival the smell of smoke and animals was overwhelming - disgusting. Can only agree with the previous comments regarding the owners dirty clothes. Disgusting. We arrived on a Saturday and the owner wore the same t-shirt for three days. It was covered in food. Again disgusting and made us feel rather queasy. One morning during breakfast we heard the owner shouting at the Bulgarian waitress. She could not speak English but was pleasant and seemed hardworking - made us feel a bit uneasy. The décor throughout is extremely dated and as smoking and animals are allowed the place stinks. Had it been clearly advertised that smoking and animals were permitted we would not have considered staying. Don't waste your money staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Portrush hotels