“Frank - Nothing but the Best”

Mandalay Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 29 Portrush B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just came back today from Portrush and what a pleasure it was for my husband, sister and God-Daughter to stay at this B&B.
We arrived early just after 12 and were greeted by a very cheerful man who introduced himself as Frank. We were aware that check in was not till 2pm but Frank said that this was not a problem. My sister arrived first with our god daughter and was given a choice of 2 rooms, we arrived about 10 mins later and were also given a choice of 2 rooms - we were given the best room in the house with the most beautiful view of the sea. We were then handed our keys and were told to make ourselves at home - even asked us what time we would like breakfast for. Breakfast was lovely loads of it. Hospitality was 100% and we can guarantee that if you go to Portrush you will get a genuine and very sincere welcome from Frank. We will be back very soon Frank - we are just pre-warning you. Elizabeth, Heather, Jessica and Alex say a BIG THANK YOU.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My partner and I loved this bed and breakfast so much we stayed an extra night!! Our host was full of good Irish humor and had great recommendations! We were upgraded as soon as we arrived at a very good price! The room was spacious, clean and great light! Also the beds were very comphy!
The breakfast had a huge variety and was scrumptious!
Portrush was a great location to enjoy northern Ireland's attractions and the town itself was beach side and full of charm. The local restaurants were amazing and the customer service was great! We were made to feel welcome by our bed and breakfast host and by all the locals!
I can't wait to come back to port rush on my next visit to Northern Ireland! Thanks! 10/10

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MelissaAussie
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We (3 friends) stayed in this B&B for one Friday night, in an ensuite room on the top floor with a sea view. Perfected located for the beach and the train station/centre, it's also a great base for trips to the Giant's Causeway etc.

A lovely clean b&b with a very friendly host. And a great full fry up for breakfast.
Only negatives were that the shower was quite weak and couldn't control the temperature, and fellow guests were quite loud, but you get this everywhere!
Great value, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed from 3-5th Sept in a triple en-suite room.
This b+b is a few minutes walk from the train station and the centre so it's perfect location. We were welcomed and shown to our room. It was spotless, the only negative thing I could say was the shower didn't work very well. Breakfast is fantastic.. The best you'll get. There's something for everyone here.
However upon finishing our breakfast the male owner told us that we would have to vacate the b+b early this next morning.. An hour early approx. This was a bit annoying and not something I thought he could really do but it was only an hour.. So we agreed.
The next morning we arrived at breakfast for 9.. Having been asked to leave at 10. Our tea and coffee was cold on the table with our toast. This was not replaced. As soon as we sat down our breakfast was sat infront of us (full English fry) I intended to just have eggs and toast but I wasn't even asked. Again we didn't really care that much it was a lovely breakfast. However our plates were lifted 5 minutes later along with our drinks (we hadnt finished our drinks) and this was only at about 9.30? We were then asked for full payment and quickly hurried out the door... Reminded to give a good trip advisor review. This was an inconvenience and we left on a poor note. Unfortunate as its a lovely b+b. Perhaps they should work on their service a bit more!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Nataliemu
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife , step son and myself stayed in the above b&b during the Air show. we were greeted on arrival by Frank the owner ,a cheery person , our room was spotless , bedclothes were clean and fresh. Nothing was to much trouble for Frank he even drove us into town on a couple of occasions ( i have bad arthritis ) , Every one was greeted with a smile when they came down for a really good hearty breakfast .For the health conscious there was plenty of fruit and a continental breakfast if required , when in Portrush again i will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trevor5967
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had two rooms here end of August 13 one en suite one not the rooms were absolutely basic &very tiny also dangerous in the en suite the kettle was on a shelf above the bed a big risk of scalding The non en suite did not even have a wash basin the breakfast was poor how people can say it is good amases me Go there at your peril !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robinderbyshireuk
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed in the Mandalay B and B on the 18th to the 20th .. My family and I had a great time there . The breakfast was amazing and the room was so clean and comfy .. Frank is a lovely host makes u feel at home .. My daughter Aimee who is four loved the B and B and frank . I defiantly will b back and I recommend this B and B to everyone .. Thank you frank for r wonderful stay. Christina Graham

• Stayed: August 2013