“Fantastic hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights. We were in room 2 and friends in room 1, these were classed as 'suites' by the staff and were very spacious, beautifully decorated and very clean. The staff were always charming, friendly and helpful.
At breakfast there was a range of juices, cereals, crossiants, bread, toast etc as well as cooked breakfast.
We had checked this website after booking and were a little apprehensive about what we were coming to. In fact we thought about cancelling; I'm so glad we didn't.
At night, there was a little noise in the way of music but I'm not sure if that was the nightclub next door. It didn't last for long and my husband slept through it!
Amazingly we paid £80 per night per room so the weekend was very affordable.

Room Tip: Phone ahead and ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Just returned from port rush, stayed for the weekend in the Atlantis. Has room number 1, it was excellent, lots of space and beautifully fitted out. We were very warm on arrival and asked for a fan for the room, no problem at all. Staff were excellent, phoned taxis and recommended a good hairdresser when asked. Helpful and polite, I would go to this hotel no problem at all. Breakfast also lovely but didn't try the evening meals.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 1 or 2
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

The decor inside and outside the hotel was beautiful, breakfast was fantastic.. Well worth money. However the room was very small, hardly enough room for 2 people + luggage. None the less it was clean, we were given room 18 at the end of the hall then what looked to be a cramped hallway leading to the room. For £95 a night for 2 people I felt it was unreasonable. Room was absolutely nothing in comparasion to pictures on Alantis website.
I will return to this hotel in a months as it is a good location, hopefully we will be givien a nicer room though.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed in this hotel for a month whilst working on business. The staff here are simply awesome. I have stayed in various hotels all over the UK on business and i can state that the Atlantis is by far the friendliest i have ever stated in. As for the food.....wow simply stunning.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed in room 111 and payed £110.When we arrived check-in was fine.The restaurant for lunch and breakfast was fine.I have stayed in some good hotels(Fitzwilliam,Malmassion,Merchant ,Hilton etc) and a couple of dives and the only place worse than this is the Eglinton Hotel down the road.We stayed because it was handy for the party on the beach and were told the rooms were superior to the old kellys rooms.Scary if thats the case!! .Entrance to Armanis and Gods was free we were informed Lush wasnt.This didnt matter as Kellys was access all areas.when we got into the room it was very small,as in the wardrobe doors wouldnt fully open as they hit the side of the bed.The tv is a 14" plasma mounted on the wall as theres no room.We unpacked and off we went ,everything wasnt to bad at this point.After the beach party we went to get a shower.No hot water .Then when it did come on after waiting 5mins the water was trickling.I go to the gym and thankgod cos it was a workout on its own turning the stiff dial to get water to come on.Definatly not a sunflower shower or even a bit of power.After Kellys we were informed the residents bar was in Lush.Yes the rave bit in Kellys.What the heck!!!Our room had no mini bar.We then got locked out of our hotel.A staff member went awol.When a staff member did arrive we got to our room.The heat would have killed you in it,opening the window wasnt a good idea.Fighting, police you name it what a racket.With no mini bar and no room service by luck we had bought 2 bottles of water earlier.The room above us had a party and it went on till 7.30.I kept waking up to warm.I decided to open the window.Bad idea a man was wheeling about a large bin throwing every bottle in from last nights clubbers.What a racket at 7.30am.I could hear folk coughing in rooms adjacent.Talk about walls paper thin!!!My last moan is the toilet roll.For a hotel with this new extention boasting sea views lol who decided to put that cheap sandpaper toilet roll in the rooms is beyond me.My local pub wouldnt even use that rubbish.Its obvious this was built as cheap as they could.When i was asked the next morning how was my stay i didnt hold back.I wasnt rude but let her know all the faults and how i got 3hrs sleep.The receptionist wasnt rude but her comment says it all"i am so sorry sir i have never been up the stairs" on the way home by ballymoney me and my girlfriend actually ended up laughing at it all .What an experience.Think i will stick to a bed and breakfast the next party on the beach :-)Trust me i aint Victor Meldrew just telling you how it is.Try your luck i dare you ..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Called in for a quiet afternoon drink and my first impressions were excellent. Modern building with ample car parking spaces. Then it went downhill. The revolving door was so stiff my wife struggled to get through it into the foyer. Once there, we were at a loss as to where to go, so after exploring the bar/restaurant area, we eventually got a seat in the back bar area where there was a big screen TV. We waited to get served but after approx 10 minutes, alas had to go looking for a waiter. At the bar I was totally ignored by two male members of staff who were way too interested in the horse racing on the big screen TV. Eventually another member of staff appeared from another part of the bar to serve me. He was polite and courteous. We took our drinks back to the table in front of the window and noticed behind the bench type seats we were sitting on was absolutely filthy. We has a look at the menu with the intention of having a bite to eat, but on seeing the lack of cleanliness we promptly drank up and left. It's such a pity as the place promises so much from the outside. By the way the the memu was both uninspiring and average. Come on guys get it sorted out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Booked this hotel for my husbands 30th as it was great location! When we arrived we were shown to the bar to wait to check in, bar was lovely and staff very friendly! When we went to room i was a little disappointed as it wasn't like the picture at all!!! However it was very clean! As mentioned in other review wardrobe too close to bed, no mirror, phone, kettle etc! The shower had no hot water but when we reported it within 10 min the problem was solved! Was a bit noisy outside at night but expected that due to location! Breakfast was amazing, I loved the fact that we could get anything we wanted! We were offered tea/coffee, cereal, toast, croissants, full fryup, fruit juice, basically anything at all for no extra cost!! For £60 I was happy!

• Stayed May 2011