“Great Easter weekend”

Portrush Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
“Great Easter weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed over the Easter weekend. The welcome and hospitality shown never fails to impress us,it puts many 5 star hotels to shame. Many thanks to Ann and the reception team for looking after us when I unexpectedly took ill. Much appreciated! We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RPortrush, Director of Sales at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope you are feeling better now. Our Group General Manager Ann and our staff thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.
Mary O'Neill Group Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Having to leave the hotel early in the morning, I went down to breakfast earlier than stated 7:30, on the off chance of a cup of coffee. I was expecting a hostile reception and a reminder that breakfast started at 7:30. However, nothing of the sort, Wendy was there with a warm welcome and a hot cup of very good coffee was in my hand within moments. It was the best start for the day possible. Thanks again to Wendy. She makes a big difference.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob G
Thank you for your review. We are pleased your enjoyed your hot cup of very good coffee. Wendy thanks you for your kind comments about her making a difference. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.
Kesh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

On arrival at Ramada Hotel car parking was unavailable at front and back of hotel so unloading luggage had to be done by blocking the back entrance to the Hotel,My husband had to abandon me at reception so he could go find a parking place.
My complaint re the parking issue was explained by the receptionist that guests are not informed on the web as they really don't have a car park.The facility they have is just an excuse which holds about 12 cars.
On eventually getting to book into our room my husband was informed that the dinning room was fully booked until 7.30pm and we could get a table after that.The receptionist did not clarify that we should book a table then as they offered a service of first come first served which I discovered later when we got established in our room and I phoned reception to get a table for 7.30.
I was told that we could not get a table till after 8pm.I have insulin dependent diabetes so this was not suitable for me to eat.Reception and kitchen staff refused to accommodate me as they were so busy.I really could not believe that a resident in the hotel was refused a table.
I had to locate a cleaner to come and clean the shower head in the bathroom which was covered in black gunge(a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria).Although she was not fluent with our language she knew immediately the shower head needed to be cleaned and did an excellent job.However we were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of our room and enjoyed the good breakfast service.
The York and Mermaid provided us with good evening meals at suitable times for my diabetes.
My husband and I booked into the Ramada on Monday afternoon 21st April and checked out on Wednesday morning 23 April.
We will not be making a return visit.This hotel does not have a policy of loyalty to residents and seems to have an obvious problem dealing with providing meals during busy times.Dont like the first come first served policy.Not suitable for us older people.. . .

Room Tip: rooms on 2nd floor with sea view oky.
1 Thank kathleen c
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our good breakfast service. Your comments have been noted.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked a table at hotel restaurant for 7.30pm on 26/04/14. We were taken straight to our table and from then on service was excellent, staff were friendly and tentative. The menu had a good choice and each course was brought out in perfect timing and the food was delicious. Cannot fault it at all, will definitely be back without hesitation looking forward to it and would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our menu in the Counties Restaurant. Our staff appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our restaurant.
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Breakfast superb! Room and bed especially great.Service great.The only negative was the noise from outside which went on most of the night.Tarnisheda great stay.I would maybe return but ask to be given a riom at the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our superb breakfast. Our staff thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had an overnight stay at this hotel in February. When we went to our room we noticed the bathroom floor wet but assumed it had just been washed before our arrival and was not dried out.
We unpacked and went out and when we came back about 2 to 3 hours later the floor was really wet and it looked like the water was coming from the toilet and we also couldn't get the toilet to flush.
We went down to have a meal in the hotel restaurant and reported the fault to the receptionist. By the time we had our meal, about a further 2 hours as we had to wait 50 mins on our meal being served which was a bit ridiculous as we had ordered salmon, the receptionist told us that a plumber had looked at the fault and said the toilet cistern would have to be replaced and as the hotel was fully booked we could not be moved to another room.
Towels were rolled up and put down around the toilet which we totally saturated in no time.
I'm not one to complain but when we got home and I told a few friends and family they advised me to complain to the hotel as they thought we should be compensated in some way.
I waited for a week to see if management would apoligise for our inconvenience but heard nothing. I then emailed 4 or 5 times befor I eventually got a reply.
I was sent a voucher for £30 to be used against accommodation before the 30th June 2014.
I telephoned today to make a reservation but was told the minimum stay at this time of the year is 2 nights. My husband and I both work and because of our hours of work we are only able to stay on a Saturday night and we have no holidays off work until after June 2014.
I am extremely disappointed by the response from the management team of this hotel and they have basically done nothing to compensate us for our terrible experience in February

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2014jh11
Thank you for your review. Your comments have been noted.
Annalong, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

There aren't too many hotels that can boast the view of the Atlantic you get from front-facing rooms at the Ramada in Portrush. It quite takes your breath away! We have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions so knew what to expect. On arrival you are greeted by the friendliest, most helpful front desk staff... the sort of people who will move heaven and earth to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. Our room on the top floor was excellent, and surprisingly quiet considering it overlooked the street. We were in Portrush this time to visit friends, so didn't have the opportunity to take our evening meals in the hotel. But the restaurant was packed to the doors when we went past, which is a good sign! Breakfast at the Ramada is legendary and really sets you up for the day. We'd recommend the cooked breakfast. It is freshly cooked, so hasn't been kept heated for ages before you get it. The potato bread is to die for, and the sausages would win prizes (come to think of it, they probably have!). We left the hotel this morning with a promise to the staff, and to ourselves, that we'd be back again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are nice and quiet.
1 Thank davisofmourne
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your sea view room and our legendary breakfast. Our staff appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.
Mary O'Neill Group Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,694 reviews

Been to Portrush Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!