Portrush Atlantic Hotel
The Port Hotel(Portrush)
US$125
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$167
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,082 results
All reviewssea viewramada hotelgood sizelovely hotelthird floorstreet parkingramore headan evening mealone night staymain streetlovely viewgiants causewaysingle bedan overnight stayenjoyable stayshort breakbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

#1: Room was adequate and we received a view overlooking the water due to somebody canceling right before we checked in. We were only up one level so the view was ok -not really spectacular - and noisy with the street right outside our window.

#2: I found the receptionists very friendly and have no fault with my check-in check-out experience.

#3: We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel one night and husband didn't get part of what he ordered. When we asked about it we were told that he had not ordered it - even though we both clearly heard him order it. The waitress must have misunderstood, there was a language barrier so I blame it on that - and they did rectify the situation by bringing him the side - albeit well after the meal had begun - no charge for the side.

#4: Very VERY VERY busy area - and parking is limited. We didn't even attempt to try to park in one of their few spots and were left to leave the vehicle on a side residential street a few blocks away from the hotel and wheel our luggage back and forth instead of having the ease of pulling up in a loading/check in zone.

#5: I found it really interesting that the Ramada has a ban on drinking any type of alcohol in the room UNLESS you purchase it directly from their bar - I'm not certain why...Check out my photo from the in room brochure.

#6: All in all, we wouldn't stay here again for a variety of reasons, I found it expensive - I was disappointed with restaurant staff, very let down by the limited parking facilities but - most of all didn't appreciate the business of the location. Lots of one way traffic causing confusion coming and going to and from the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RPortrush, Director of Sales at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been noted.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed here twice now to enjoy some time away together and have a nice meal (the Ramore or Neptune and Prawn is excellent). This hotel had a good breakfast and everyone was friendly. The only thing that was a bit strange was that someone (a cleaner?) tried to enter the room at 10 am when check out is 11 am. No big deal but it put us in a rush then when we had another hour to get ready! But all in all it's a good hotel - it's the only one we stay in when we got to Portrush.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our good breakfast. We are sorry for the room issue. Our staff appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ramada in Portrush for one night. The room was lovely, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The ensuite was fantastic. I thoroughly recommend getting the breakfast the next morning as well - a full Ulster fry which was a welcome treat for my English boyfriend who'd never had soda bread before.

I do, however, have one quite big complaint. I (the girlfriend) booked the hotel, paid for it, checked in... in fact, my boyfriend had absolutely zero verbal or written contact with the hotel or its staff. He simply turned up with me and his name was recorded as the second guest when I made the booking.

However, when we turned on the TV, it said "Hello Mr Thomas" which implies that he was recorded as the lead guest. I find this incredibly sexist, given that is was my name on the credit card that paid the bill, and my face the receptionist spoke to when checking in.

Automatically setting the male guest as the lead guest is insensitive and incredibly old-fashioned. Ramada should be more careful to avoid sexist behaviour like this.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harriet B

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you and your boyfriend enjoyed our breakfast. Your comments have been noted. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A rather disappointing 4 nights here. Extremely noisy, stuffy atmosphere, the breakfast downstairs was no more than a cafeteria, it was very rundown and quite dirty at times, the staff generally we're not happy with helping, if they even bother to ask.
Certainly would not return to stay even for 1 night, let alone recommend.

Room Tip: Don't know what to suggest
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen G

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Recently we stayed here for a reunion and enjoyed great service. Location and views amazing. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Hearty breakfasts and well cooked well priced dinners. We ate elsewhere on one night and after the second night meal in the hotel wished we had ate in hotel both nights. Enjoyed a few cheeky cocktails at the bar. Reasonably varied wine list. The reception staff were a credit to the hotel and couldn't do enough to help. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia Q

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your reunion at the hotel. Our staff appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel.