“Very Thrilling”
Review of Barry's Amusements

Barry's Amusements
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Portrush
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I would recommend a visit! I have been there so many times and never get bored, there is so much to do and the rides aren't all scary or gentle there are a couple I between rides. This is a great family or friends visit and I would recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Love this place. The rides are of good value and there is something for everyone from young babies to the young at heart. The cyclone is my favourite, then the old favourite the hobby horses. All mainly local staff who are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Like anyone from Northern Ireland, I've been coming to Barry's long before I can remember. Same story applies to my parents. That's quite a feat for a small amusement place/thing (there's not even a name for somewhere like Barry's).

I keep coming back ,even in my 20's, and when I'm not crying into my candy floss, I'm blindsiding a 10 yr old on the dodgems (helped partly by being the only person in the vicinity to own a driving license, workers included).

It's a nice kind of 'fun' at Barrys. Even the oldest and crappiest rides are fun, either because they're nostalgic (like the Back to the Future rip-off van thing) or because the simple rides don't date (like the haunted house).

The big boy rides are good fun, mostly because you get a genuine feeling of death on them.
On the swinging spinny sick machine beside the Big Dipper, my foot hit the metal gate below (given I have unnaturally long legs) but it all adds to the excitement.

Go there. Spend money. Have fun. Keep this place alive.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been to Barry's so many times from since I was a baby. It has so many rides to suit everyone's taste from the cyclone, ghost train, bumper cars, hobby horses, big apple, free style and the big dipper, my favourite is the cyclone. It is one of my childhood favourites going to Barry's in the summer. You also got great restaurants and cafes close by. Can't wait to return when it opens again around Easter 2014.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

i went there too many times love cyclone and the bumper cars i wish i would get a balloon too!
always exited and every time i go i only get 3 rides to go in