Magherabuoy House Hotel
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$112
US$158
US$154
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Port Hotel(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$107
Bayview Hotel(Portballintrae)
US$220
US$213
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewssuperior roomtea roomnight staylovely hotelnight porterhotel barroom was largereception staffsingle bedtown centrestayed here for one nightweekend breakcooked breakfastgiants causewaymid weekan evening mealfrom start to finish
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Probably a little too far out of town, but easily forgiven. When we go there a wedding was underway and the place looked hectic. Once the wedding breakfast started this dies away to reveal a really nice and friendly hotel, well worth a visit. Huge rooms, comfortable beds, clean, tidy, decent bar and free wifi throughout. Ticked some serious boxes. Not cheap but well worth the extra.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My sister and I had the Sunday carvery at the Hotel. It wasn't very good. The process of paying at the reception desk and waiting to be called into the dining room is impersonal and unwelcoming. We were not asked if we qualified as seniors although one of us is 68 - a compliment in one way I suppose and, of course, we could have offered the information. Still!

We were asked to order pudding at the same time as our starter even though we commented that it was difficult to know which pudding we might want as it would depend on how the meal had gone. The starters were tasty although the combination plate was not well presented, the soup was luke warm and there was no soup spoon and no-one to request one from. The meat and vegetables were tasty enough - luckiiy we both like very well done roast beef - and the desserts were fine although again presentation could be improved The wine that was served was available in local supermarkets at 3 for $10!

The serving staff were pleasant enough and probably doing their best despite having to walk up and down the huge dining room decorated in the style of the early 1960s. We noticed though that no-one said good-bye or thank you for coming in or anything else. So our rating is "could do a lot better:

On the other hand Leona's Tea Room in the same hotel is fabulous. Great service, awesome cakes and good coffee.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eldechri
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I plus two Freinds stayed here from 11th to 13 th June after reading reviews did not know what to expect but on arrival to the time we booked out the place and staff where excellent want to say a special thank you to Bridget the receptionist for her warm humour and all her help regarding our return flight will be using this hotel again for sure

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have been to the Magherabuoy several times In the last few years however stopped going as we had awful experiences, myself and my husband would have ate there whilst up in North Coast for the golf. However on Saturday past we decided to give it another go, the food was absolutely amazing, as was the atmosphere! The manager served us gave us such great service and had time to speak to us and made sure we were happy with our meal..great waiting staff! well improved and very happy!! Will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We only stayed one night at the Magherabuoy House Hotel, we were just passing through the area to see the Giant's Causeway. I regret only allotting one night for this area. I would have loved to explore town and spend more time by the beautiful sea and view. The room was really large, super clean, and smelled lovely. The bathroom was spotless and spacious, which I find to be a treat when staying at a hotel. The staff was very friendly and pleasant. Breakfast was decent, not the best I've had but more than passable for fueling up for a busy day. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends