“I'm a surfer now”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alive Surf School

Alive Surf School
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Portrush
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Winner - Best Family Activity Provider in Northern Ireland 2011, 2012 adn 2013 ! 'Alive Surf School is the longest running surf school in Northern Ireland and has taught over 11,000 people of all ages, shapes and sizes how to surf! Our simple philosophy is to 'be safe and have fun', we excel at both of these goals and our lessons start from only £20 per person.All lessons last for 2 hours and include all equipment, a drink and snack for afterwards there are even free hot showers at the beach. Our instructors are all fully qualified beach lifeguards, surfing instructors and some have even surfed for Ireland......Book you place now for a really awesome day out!
Ulan Bator, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a surfer now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Have had 5 lessons with Ricky and the lads, great, inspiring days out with my children, nephews and nieces, we all had a fantastic time. Friendly and enthusiastic instructors, good advice and service really tailored to individual needs. The result? Today I bought my own surfboard! Can't recommend the experience highly enough.

1 Thank Peter T

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Addicted to surf!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Was so much fun and didn't want to get out of the water! I went with my friend and we are hoping to get out again to practice next weekend we enjoyed it so much.
I was worried it would be cold but the wet suit keeps you so warm. The beach had great waves! Would def recommend it for kids and adults alike!

1 Thank kate186470
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun in the sea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

8 of us booked online for the surfing, was great fun. The group also had a few young kids in it and they got on great so it is def for all the family. This is my second time and will go again!

1 Thank curley_9
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“First time Lesson - Loved every second”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

From the first enquiry asking about availability and suitability right through to the end of the lesson, everything about this experience was first class .I've never surfed in my life and I wasn't sure what to expect. Right from the start though our instructor Hanno made us feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed. We started off by being issued with all the equipment we'd need
( wetsuit, gloves and boots ) and then moved down onto the beach for a warm up. After the brief warm up session Hanno started explaining different aspects of the board, and the correct way to position ourselves on it. Then in no time at all it was into the water for our first surf. Throughout the entire session in the water both instructors spent time with each of the nine people who took part in our group, giving them 1-1 tuition. Surfing was honestly one of the best things I've ever done and I have no doubt that the staff of Alive Surf School were a major factor in this. Can't wait to book another session.

1 Thank Stevie R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Took a surf lesson with Alive surf school on Saturday 13th April.

Weather was freezing, water was freezing however the guys made sure we all had an absolute ball!!

Would definately recommend everyone try this at least once!!!

Visited April 2013