“Great lesson!”
Review of Alive Surf School

Alive Surf School
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Portrush
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Winner - Best Family Activity Provider in Northern Ireland 2011, 2012 adn 2013 ! 'Alive Surf School is the longest running surf school in Northern Ireland and has taught over 11,000 people of all ages, shapes and sizes how to surf! Our simple philosophy is to 'be safe and have fun', we excel at both of these goals and our lessons start from only £20 per person.All lessons last for 2 hours and include all equipment, a drink and snack for afterwards there are even free hot showers at the beach. Our instructors are all fully qualified beach lifeguards, surfing instructors and some have even surfed for Ireland......Book you place now for a really awesome day out!
Belfast
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great lesson!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My first experience of surfing with a group of friends. A great two hour lesson with Ricky and Ash. Very relaxed, friendly, helpful and great craic! A great start to hopefully a lot more surfing! Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank davymacka

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome awesome awesome”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had a total blast and made great strides with ricky and ash today. Would recommend them to everyone and anyone who will listen to me. Great value high quality fun.

1 Thank steveogilp
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fun, Definately recommend to try!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have had a couple of surf lessons recently, and thought we would try Alive Surf School. When we arrived Rikcy asked our experience & took this into consideration. Did a wee warm up with the group which was gd fun & then we were able to head on into the water due to having previous lessons & not needing the tutorial. Ricky took us out deeper & helped us catch some of the longer waves, which we had never experienced before. Ricky was so helpful & really attentive throughout the lesson, giving advice & tips! AND.. we got hot chocolate at the end of the lesson to warm us up :) Would definately recommend this surf lesson & would happily go back for another one :)

1 Thank Ashleigh K
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience-highly recommend everyone to try them”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My cousin had got my fiance and I the 2hr surfing lessons for xmas and as we booked the lessons for March I was really worried about how cold I would get-I had done body boarding before and I got very cold very quickly therefore I didn't think I'd last 2 hours but was up for giving it a go.
This was our first time surfing and we were really surprised about how warm we actually were, the winter wetsuits, boots and gloves were great and we could have continued on for much longer than 2 hrs-the time just flew in.
Our instructor was called Ricky-he was really friendly and an excellent teacher, very encouraging which made the surfing lessons extremely enjoyable and fun.
We had an amazing time- I would definitely take surfing lessons again and I will be recommending them to everyone-its an unbelievable experience everyone should try at least once.
All you need to bring is a towel and swimwear, their are warm showers and changing facilities available and Ricky even gave us a drink and snack at the end of the lesson.
Thanks again, Julia

1 Thank Julia W
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Surfs Up!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Me and my two brothers went surfing with these guys today and had an amazing time!!! One of my brothers had surfed before but myself and the other brother hadn't. The guys did a warm up on the beach, did a demonstration as to how to surf on the sand and then sent us into the water to catch some waves. Although facing the waves was daunting at first, the guys were really really really encouraging and spent a lot of time with me working at my level (which was a lot lower than the others!!). Can't commend the guys enough for their time, dedication, attention to detail, encouragement and style of teaching. They really know their stuff. Will definitely be recommending these guys to my friends and will definitely be back again!!

1 Thank Deboragh W