“Awesome :)”
Review of Alive Surf School

Alive Surf School
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Portrush
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Winner - Best Family Activity Provider in Northern Ireland 2011, 2012 adn 2013 ! 'Alive Surf School is the longest running surf school in Northern Ireland and has taught over 11,000 people of all ages, shapes and sizes how to surf! Our simple philosophy is to 'be safe and have fun', we excel at both of these goals and our lessons start from only £20 per person.All lessons last for 2 hours and include all equipment, a drink and snack for afterwards there are even free hot showers at the beach. Our instructors are all fully qualified beach lifeguards, surfing instructors and some have even surfed for Ireland......Book you place now for a really awesome day out!
County Antrim, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome :)”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had a great lesson with Ricky and Steve! Everything was provided for us and the atmosphere was awesome. They're really good with all ages, even my 8 year old sister enjoyed herself. I'd recommend it to anyone and will definitely back myself! :)

2 Thank ajagoe

belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great day - great class”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We did a surf class today with this company and I have to say that it was brilliant.
There were two instructor with us all the time. All the equipment was provided. I will do it again

1 Thank irene d
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great wee time!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The girlfriend and I had a lesson with Alive Sure School the other day and had a great wee time! It was our first time, but Jonny was a great teacher and had us both standing up by the end of the lesson. We loved it and would go again any time. Definitely worth a wee spin up to the North Coast!

2 Thank James S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super fun!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I really enjoyed a group lesson with Ricky & Jonny as part of a hen do at the weekend, so much so I immediately booked again with my husband & 5 year old son. Both lessons were fantastic fun, instructors are friendly, enthusiastic and very professional. Jonny took excellent care of my son who had never tried surfing before and has only just learned to swim. I would happily recommend Alive Surf School for groups and for families, we will be back next time we are in Portrush.

1 Thank Sara W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I was lucky to join Alive Surf school on Saturday for a surf lesson as part of a hen do. I was a little apprehensive to start with as I'd never surfed before. Ricky and Johnny put us all immediately at ease, made it fun with no pressure, and I had a brilliant time, as did all my friends. I didn't quite manage to stand up but it didn't really matter, it was fun trying to surf the waves (even if on my stomach) and just being in the water. If you're ever in Portrush, give this excellent experience a go!

1 Thank Lynne_Taylor81