“Fabulous”

Ranked #12 of 28 Portrush B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed in this guesthouse while on tour of Ireland with Rabbies in mid June. I did not book this myself, but very pleased of this choice by Rabbies. Its a very welcoming place; the ladies/hosts were so enthusiastic and friendly I felt comfortable and relaxed as soon as I walked in. The room was spacious, very clean, with high quality linens and towels. It had everything one could ever need…What I loved, was that I got lucky and had a room with a view of the water/ocean and iconic classic Irish houses. The breakfast was 'full Irish breakfast' and more…Again, service was outstanding. The location was excellent - walking distance to everything, including a great restaurant we had dinner in.

This was my first B&B in N. Ireland and it made a lasting impression on me.
Highly recommend this guest house or B&B.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Enjoyed our one night here - right in the middle of things and within walking distance of almost everything so did not have to move the car at all. We came at a very busy time with young golfers everywhere so the parking was at a premium. We did not want to move our car in case we did not get another spot. Breakfast was great and the owner very informative - she sent us off in the right direction for a great dinner that we thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked two rooms at Beulah Guest House at the beginning of July, 2014. Our rooms were comfortable, clean, quiet, neat and functional. The real standout here are the hosts. Helen and her daughter Charlene were wonderful. They were friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed meeting them.

We only used public transportation during our trip. The guest house was a short walk from the train station. (Took maybe 5 minutes.) It was also a short walk to the bus stop where we caught the Causeway Rambler to take us to our stops. There were several restaurants within a short walk. The town isn't large and we were able to walk everywhere.

Room Tip: If Wi-Fi is really important to you, let Helen know. Our room was at the very back and we had some t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Thanks to Helen and her staff, the Beulah Guest House served as a perfect home base for our visit to Portrush. They were extremely friendly and helpful, and when you meet them you immediately get that feeling of having known them for years. In fact the little plaque in the foyer sums it up really well: "Enter as Strangers and Leave as Friends", which is exactly what we felt. The breakfasts were great, and the 2 rooms our family occupied were very clean and comfortable. We couldn't have possibly wanted anything more, other than perhaps to have a longer visit! Thanks again Helen, we really loved meeting you and hope to see you again someday!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed with Helen & Sharlene 2 nights and we're glad we did. Both women are extremely friendly, provide a warm welcome, and have excellent senses of humour. Not only are they fantastic at providing information, but very accommodating -- on our last morning in Portrush, we booked a fairly early tee time and the ladies were still able to provide us a lovely breakfast. As we were saying good-bye, Helen invited us to return after our round of golf, if there was anything we needed (now that's way above & beyond). The rooms at Beulah House are clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast has lots of variety and is more than adequate. The off-street parking is nice because you can easily walk anywhere you want in Portrush in a short period of time. You can't beat the Springhill Pub literally across the street for a friendly atmosphere and good conversation. We really enjoyed both Beulah House and Portrush!
Shelley R, Saskatchewan, Canada

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My friends and I stayed two nights in this quaint B&B. We loved our stay not only because of the great location and fabulous breakfast, but also because of the amazing service that Rachel provided throughout our visit. Most impressive to me was how Rachel immediately went to my rescue when I discovered that I had left my camera on the bus from Dublin to Belfast. She called the Dublin bus station and discovered that the daughter of the bus driver had found my camera and turned it in to the lost and found center at the Belfast Bus Station. Rachel then called the Belfast Bus Station, and they confirmed that they were holding my camera, which I was able to retrieve upon our return to Belfast. I will be forever grateful for this above-and-beyond service that came from Rachel's heart.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Rachel gave us a very warm welcome when we arrived. She gave us some advice about which sites to hit first and showed us some points of interest on a map that were not in our guidebook. She also pointed out some great restaurants in the area. We took her advice and couldn't be more pleased! Some of our best photos and meals were on the Antrium Coast. The room was comfortable and well kept. Highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple