“Great B&B”

Ranked #14 of 28 Portrush B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Tim and Sam are very welcoming hosts – glad that we stayed there..! Was suggested where to go and what to see – especially the most picturesque view points. The small town itself is a beauty with Harbour Heights facing the small harbour. Views are stunning and good restaurants around. All major sightseeing locations are nearby. Breakfast was fantastic...!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dineshpr1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place is lovely! It's right on the beach, the hosts are super friendly and give great advice about local attractions and where to eat out in the evenings. Room was a little small but clean and comfortable - I'd definitely recommend it! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I rang Harbour Heights last week for a room during the Portrush Airshow but unfortunately they were fully booked. The lady on the phone introduced herself as Sam and she took my number incase there was a cancellation. In the early afternoon of the Air show I had a phone call from Sam to say a room had become free. Very reasonable rates, especially for such a busy weekend in Portrush so I accepted. I went to check in after the show was over and a guy opened the door and welcomed me by name!! This was Tim, Sams husband. My plan was to drop our stuff off and go and collect my husband from the pub, but once introduced to Sam it was just like meeting an old friend who I had not seen in a while so I wasn't in and out as quick as I intended. She made me feel so welcome. She gave me breakfast menus to fill out for the next morning and after showing me to our room she was more than helpful in recommending places to eat. The accommodation is right in the middle of the town so we didn't have to travel to far! I finally found my husband and after returning from our meal we must have spent around 90mins just chatting with Sam and Tim and playing with their adorable kitten.

Our room unfortunately wasn't facing the sea, but as it was a cancellation we got I cant complain about that at all, If you can though, when booking request a sea view as it would be stunning. Our room was suited for stay and the en suit was massive, with a good flow of hot water. There were plug sockets beside each side of the bed (this is a personal gripe with me in some places as I sleep with my phone beside me, so to have this, for me was great!) There was the usual kettle with tea and coffee and also hot chocolate. The only small problem for me was that although the bed was so comfortable, at home we are used to a king size and I tend to sprawl out, so we found the bed a little small. I cant comment on any of the beds in the other rooms as I didn't see them. The room was quiet and although the B&B was full, the thick carpets through out meant we didn't even hear the other guests.

As breakfast is pre ordered the night before it was a very pleasant experience. There was cereal, coffee, fruit juices and a toaster so you just help yourself and then a delicious cooked breakfast is brought out. Im not sure of the name of the lady who was in the breakfast room but she was very efficient and polite. I think Sam was cooking, and Tim chatted to the guests giving that personal touch. By the time we checked out Sam and I had added each other to Facebook, and I do hope to keep in touch. Such a warm, friendly lady with a sense of humor to match my own. I didn't want to check out!!

The only time I would stay overnight in Portrush is for the annual air show and next time I will be making sure I book well in advance at Harbour Heights so I am guaranteed a room. I would not even consider staying anywhere else after finding this gem. I cant recommend the accommodation and its hosts highly enough. Its simply perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as it will be beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Five of us stayed here overnight when on a cycling trip, after locking up the bikes in a secure area, Tim and Sam couldn't be more helpful, very laid back approach to a Bed n Brekkie but efficient all the same, breakfast was fantastic and portions were massive, they even took a group photo of us all with Sam before bidding us farewell which was a nice touch, the rooms were basic but comfortable and its only staggering distance from the brilliant Harbour bar so its a win win.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor for two reasons, 1) Closer to the breakfast room 2) Less stairs to climb...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed one night and the bed was very comfortable though it is a tad tired looking and could do with just a little bit attention....new silicone round shower and the wallpaper coming away in places..but was a lovely location if a tad difficult parking....don't let me put you off it was nice....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ANGELA C
Minneapolis
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our hosts Tim and Sam were so wonderful. Breakfast was the best, location was perfect and price was extremely reasonable. We arrived in Portrush without a reservation and were happy to have a room for the night. We loved it so much we stayed a second night. HIGHLY recommend this perfect little oasis.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MKK10
Banbridge
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my husband july 23 - 25. What can I say, everything was perfect, comfy bed, clean, excellent shower, fab breakfasts, friendly hosts Tim & Sam. Will be back couldnt fault one thing, thanks a lot

• Stayed July 2013