“A little paradise on earth”
Review of Edenvale House

Edenvale House
Ranked #1 of 5 Newtownards B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013

After having experienced some B&Bs from hell, I was delighted to see that there are indeed those from heaven and Edenvale House must be the best of them. Where do I start: Diane is a wonderful attentive host, the rooms and the whole house is decorated with antique furniture and oozes atmosphere. The attention to detail is marvellous: From different sorts of tea, coffee, biscuits, sweets to toiletries and even dressing gowns and slippers there is everything you could wish for and more. The breakfast is absolutely delicious. I was staying in summer and we had three different fresh fruits salads! I think it's a great place for families with children, too, because Diane not only has a wide range of toys available, but also very friendly pets and hens. I will definitely come back and I'm already looking forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank DonegalFiddle

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at Edenvale House on many occasions as I work in the vicinity and fly over from the mainland. The bedrooms and beds are very comfortable with close attention to detail everywhere to be seen: spare dressing gowns and slippers, a range of white towels, biscuits and sweets and tea and coffee in the room. The breakfast is as much or as little as you want but perfectly cooked and presented. It puts hotel breakfasts to shame.
The house is a beautiful, elegant Georgian house situated at the end of a pretty drive surrounded by fields. It is very quiet and ensures a good nighty's sleep. Nothing sees to be too much trouble for the ever effervescent landlady Diane. This is the best B&B ever!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed one night with my parents as our final night in Belfast and both our rooms were luxury from top to toe. A very warm welcome, all our needs seen to and a fantastic breakfast despite a rather early hour because of our flight times. Can't recommend this lovely B&B enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Diane is an amazing host and her home is exactly what we look for in a countryside B&B! Classy, cozy, and comfortable with great attention to detail and warmth that makes leaving hard! Our room was romantic and beautiful with a terrific view of the Lough. Breakfast was incredible. The Wildflower Inn in nearby Greyabbey that Diane suggested made for the most memorable Father's Day dinner. Our highest recommendation!

Room Tip: Don't know about the other rooms but the Southwest corner room with the posted bed is magical!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We have been staying with Diane at Edenvale for many years , long before TA arrived to spread the word. I suppose the location and view are Mother Natures little gift but the breakfast and hospitality are Diane' s contribution and you won't find more comfortable rooms or more thought to the little details anywhere. Once I tried to put her forward for a tourist board award but was told ht only the owner can do this, strange things tourist boards, TA brings new levels to customer feed back hank goodness but don't tell everyone or they will all want a bit of the garden of Eden Vale

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaveSpencer32
Reviewed 7 May 2013

ive stayed here every year for over 10 years when in the area
it is without a doubt the best b and b in the country
diane is a lady and an amazing host
the house and rooms are fantastic
and the breakfast is breathtaking
if you are a fan of good breakfasts come here and prepare to have your eyes opened
truly what an irish welcome should be

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank treemore
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed in the Garden Room which, as others have said, is a beautiful room, comfortable and superbly furnished with an excellent bathroom and "ante-room" with drinks making facilities. There is everything anyone could possibly want, even (unfortunately for my waistline) peanuts!
The breakfast.....where do I start? I don't think I've ever had a better breakfast anywhere.
I can't think of anything that Diane the hostess could possibly do to make Edenvale House more perfect than it already is. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Shropshireladd

Been to Edenvale House? Share your experiences!