“Molly's Browns”

Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in Newtownards Molly Brown's is a comfortable and welcoming local pub and restaurant providing quality drinks, food and entertainment.With outside dining and our Live Lounge available for private hire.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and family had another great nite at MB's but be aware that value is paramount for them. Great service from all the staff and despite the noise (football!) a great night was had by all my friends. The best VFM in Newtownards defo!!!!!!!!!!!! If any problems speak to the Manager Chris.

MollyBrownsGM, Manager at Molly Brown's Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello KingSolomonsMind

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Molly Browns Kitchen and Bar are pleased to read you enjoyed your visit.

Positive feed back gives our staff great encouragement when their hard work and professionalism is apprenticed.

We look forward to seeing you at Molly Browns again.

Ps thanks for my shout out!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I ate in Molly Browns last week off the two for £10 menu. Okay maybe the choice may not have been vast but I can assure you the content of the meal was superb and certainly excellent value for £10. The staff were very pleasant and a credit to the management team. The cocktails at £3 were flying out. Although I personally did not order one, they looked fantastic.

Great to have a good bar in Ards.

1  Thank Grumpyolgit

Hello Grumpyolgit

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Molly Browns Kitchen and Bar are pleased to read you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Homely place,, raised flooring with tables to the left and booths on the right and more tables behind these.
They do a £10 starter and main meal,
Menu is ok nothing exciting but solid fayre

The food was good and plentiful , even the starter..
Service was ok and the food was brought out at a reasonable time..
One thing I really did not like was the coffee which seams to be already sweet,I had it changed and came back the same..

All in all it was ok for a lunch time special..

1  Thank leon9mm

Hello Leon9mm

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Molly Browns Kitchen and Bar are pleased to read you enjoy our special 2 course for £10 menu, which for the price is what we and many of our customers believe to be excellent.

I have spoken to out coffee supplier who has called out to service our coffee machine as this may have been part of the problem for the sweetness. It has now been resolved and I hope when and if you return you will have a better cup of coffee.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you at Molly Browns again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

i had a meal with my family during the week. i have always been told how lovely the restaurant is a how good the food is, but this is not the case. The food was below average and something i would expect in a cafe and the furniture is old and damages and dirty. The service was really bad we didn't get looked at apart from arriving getting order taken and getting meal, no real signs of management. No one seemed to have the time so i didn't bother saying to anyone. very disappointed

3  Thank 18ards

Hello 18Ards

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Molly Browns Kitchen and Bar are disappointed to read you received “Bad Food and service”

We pride our selves on the highest standard of customer service and my staff always give 100%, but mistake can be made and for this we apologies. As duty manager is always on hand to discuss any issues you may have.

With regards the quality of the food, we are also sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal. We, as you can see, receive many praises on our excellent, local, fresh food at very reasonable prices to reflect the local economy.

Molly's is 5 years only in January (after a complete refurb at a cost of £1.5 million) this is the first in all my years that myself or any member of the management team have heard that the "
furniture is old and damages and dirty". Of course furniture that is push, pulled, wiped and sat on by 100's of people a week will wear quicker than normal. The only issues with damaged furniture is one booth that has a ripped seat (which is, along with other some repair issue about to be fixed. As a small restaurant we can't get our repairs department out every time something small occurs , as this would not be cost effective.)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

When we got there we were welcomed by a member of staff who seen us to our table. The food was well presented and very taste. The chips home made chunky chips and I have to say a must to have. We ordered The burgers with cheese bacon and onion ring. So tasty. The staff were very pleasant. I would recommend that you give Molly Browns a try. Good value for money

1  Thank georginamitchell
MollyBrownsGM, Manager at Molly Brown's Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hello "georginamitchell"

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Molly Brown's Kitchen and Bar are pleased to read you enjoyed your visit.

Positive feedback gives our staff great encouragement when their hard work and professionalism is apprenticed.