“yum!!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“yum!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Heard glowing reports from a few of my friends so decided to try carlitos for myself. Took the family for dinner on a sunday afternoon and was not disappointed. We all ate from the sunday menu ( 2 courses for £12.95 and kids eat free). I started with the chicken liver pate which was accompanied by the most delicious red onion marmalade. We all chose something different for our main and having tried everyones i can safely say that all of the food was delicious and very well presented. The staff were all friendly and courteous and the overall ambiance was lovely. I had a very enjoyable relaxed afternoon/evening and will definitely be visiting again.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“STILL REELING FROM EXPLOSION OF FLAVOURS ON MY TONGUE”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went here last week for our wedding aniversary knowing it was one of my wife's favourite restaurants.
Nice warm welcome by the waiter( who by the way timed his visits to the table to perfection thorougout the night)
They do a early bird for two courses for £8.95 Tuesday to Saturday but we were a bit late which we didn't mind. They had so many dishes to choose from on Ala carte menu. I had king prawns to start, the flavours on plate was nothing less than divine each mouthful a pleasure!
Main was a tough choice as they all appealed, in the end I decided to go with seabass and tasty sundries tomoto and herb butter sauce was so good with it! As my wife went for seafood spaghetti we decided to swap half way so I had the reminder of her pasta!
We than shared a mixed berry cheesecake with some dessert wine which went down very well.
The owner visited our table twice over the course of meal which made us feel as though he was dedicated to his customers was a nice touch.
I have no doubt I will revisit carditis near future.

Northern Ireland
“Comedy of errors - won't return.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Took my wife and my Dad here for dinner on Sunday evening. Had eaten here a couple of years ago and had a good meal so we were reasonably confident of a decent meal. That proved to be unfounded.

Ordered a garlic pizza bread to nibble on, followed by pizza for me, chicken for dad and risotto for my wife. After a lengthy wait, the waitress appeared with a garlic bread smothered in cheese and red onion. When we pointed out what we had ordered she said she was sure that's what we had ordered. When we clarified that we had ordered the plain garlic pizza bread she duly agreed to change it. After another lengthy wait, the correct starter arrived. It was fine.

More than an hour after we were seated, two of our mains arrived. Except both were wrong - my wife's risotto appeared as pasta and dads chicken appeared as pork. The waitress then said she brought us those dishes as 'she saw mashed potato on a dish in the kitchen and assumed it was for our table.........' I guess that sums up the service we received and certainly calls into question what staff training us (not?) provided.

When the three if us eventually got the dishes we had ordered, the verdict was not good. Dad's chicken was dry, my wife's risotto was not cooked properly. Not al dente - hard, uncooked, verging on raw. And my anchovie pizza included pickled anchovies rather than the more traditional salted variety.

In summary the orders were wrong, the food when it arrived was poorly cooked and as a result more than half went back uneaten. Bizarrely the manager, seeing and clearing the plates with a lot, of untouched food commented that he hoped we enjoyed it. The bill included full charge for all items. Suffice to say I settled the bill, left no gratuity and will not return. I should have added that the manager did bring us a free drink and that was appreciated but not enough to encourage a return visit.

Shame - Newtownards could really benefit from a decent italian restaurant. This is not a decent italian restaurant.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in Newtownards”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited Carlitos for my dads 60th birthday on a Saturday evening. We were greeted by very friendly staff who took a drinks order in the bar area where we chilled out looking at the menu, we were then seated when our starters were ready. I have to say the King prawns in garlic starter is to die for and the seabass main absolutely beautiful, lovely fresh fish. Some of us had pasta which everyone said how delicious all the meals were. Deserts are gorgeous so save room to fit some in. We were given a lovely birthday cake for my dad which was so thoughtful all in all we had a fantastic evening and will definitely be visiting again when were back in Ireland. Highly recommended.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
“as good as ever”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

everything was lovely. I go quite a few times a year - my only problem is that they don't seem to make any changes to their menu!

Visited January 2014