“Top notch”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have to say reading some of the negative reviews on this site I was a bit wary of going for our meal. We got a groupon deal which was, in my opinion, an absolute bargain. The rump steak was melt in your mouth delicious and served with chips and a glass of wine all for £23 for two people. Portions were perfect. I asked for mine cooked medium and that's what I got. Only negative, my husband asked for his rare but was more medium so if you like the sight of blood on your steak make this clear when ordering. The staff were so friendly and I couldn't fault them at all. You get what you pay for with groupon deals and this one certainly was well worth it. I only rang on the day that we wanted to go for the meal and they were able to accommodate us at short notice. I will definitely be back and their desserts are amazing too, chocolate fudge cake mmmmmmmm !!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014

“Absolutely Delicious ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Food was fantastic, customer service was brilliant! Me and friends stopped in for dinner and it was just what we needed! Has a very homely effect and really comfortable !!! Will make sure I'm back 5*!!! Keep up the good work!!

2 Thank 186470Familyman21
“Thoughtful service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had called here with my disabled mother for an early tea last Sunday, after an absence of what must be 20 years. Decor hadn't changed, but I guess it suits the style of the restaurant.

Food and service were very good, with sizable portions. Food arrived very quickly and piping hot too. My mother had ordered a salmon special which arrived, nicely presented in a steep sided bowl. As she is virtually blind, I had asked if this could be transferred to a flat plate, as it is much easier for her to negotiate. This was done with no fuss and very quickly, meaning her food was still nice and hot. I always find it curious how many restaurants struggle with this request! The service was attentive and friendly, without being intrusive.
Pudding menu was quite limited, but coffee was good.

My only criticism was that the place was freezing when we arrived (about 4.15pm). It seemed to have heated up slightly by the time we left, but I would still not have described it as warm by any means.

• Visited June 2014
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Another meal from Goupon”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Saw this restaurant on Groupon and thought it was worth a try. Rang up at short notice and was able to get a table. Arrived and found a remodelled pub with extensive dining areas, menu was excellent and varied. The groupon deal was for a steak dinner with trimmings and a glass of wine each. This is where it got a bit odd. asked for one of the drinks as a soft drink was told no . Starters and sweets were £7 a pair extra but could not be split, I like a starter and my wife likes a sweet so had to pay full menu price for these. Starter, main courses and sweet were excellent and well served but they seriously need to look at their pricing and options.
Will give them another try later in the year but they need to look at these problems

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beringer6182
Comber, United Kingdom
“Below expectations disappointed”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

When I worked out what the cost would be without discount I was extremely disappointed. The Hilton was much cheaper. Food tasted all deep fried with no fresh vegetables. We got steak which was alright. It came with mushrooms & chips every tiny little bit extra or change cost extra (extortionately). Will most def not be going back. It was empty when we were there. I can see y. I was asked for my voucher which was on my phone waitress took my phone away out of my sight for over ten mins bad customer service.

Visited May 2014