“Value for money”

Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Newtownards
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Value for money”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Took a friend here on a Groupon offer. We had sirloin steak with chips and a glass of wine.
As an extra we had the onion rings (one helping was enough for both of us).
Service was excellent and the very ample steaks were cooked just as ordered. The waitress was very attentive and came over a couple of times to check if we were satisfied and if there was anything we needed.
We also had cappuccino as an extra and again this was reasonably priced.
Worth a try

• Visited July 2014

“First class..”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful restraunt very friendly staff. Bought a Grab one voucher was well worth it. Beautiful steak peppered sauce was amazing staff were lovely an pleasant. Definitely worth a visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have to say reading some of the negative reviews on this site I was a bit wary of going for our meal. We got a groupon deal which was, in my opinion, an absolute bargain. The rump steak was melt in your mouth delicious and served with chips and a glass of wine all for £23 for two people. Portions were perfect. I asked for mine cooked medium and that's what I got. Only negative, my husband asked for his rare but was more medium so if you like the sight of blood on your steak make this clear when ordering. The staff were so friendly and I couldn't fault them at all. You get what you pay for with groupon deals and this one certainly was well worth it. I only rang on the day that we wanted to go for the meal and they were able to accommodate us at short notice. I will definitely be back and their desserts are amazing too, chocolate fudge cake mmmmmmmm !!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
“Absolutely Delicious ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Food was fantastic, customer service was brilliant! Me and friends stopped in for dinner and it was just what we needed! Has a very homely effect and really comfortable !!! Will make sure I'm back 5*!!! Keep up the good work!!

2 Thank 186470Familyman21
“Thoughtful service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had called here with my disabled mother for an early tea last Sunday, after an absence of what must be 20 years. Decor hadn't changed, but I guess it suits the style of the restaurant.

Food and service were very good, with sizable portions. Food arrived very quickly and piping hot too. My mother had ordered a salmon special which arrived, nicely presented in a steep sided bowl. As she is virtually blind, I had asked if this could be transferred to a flat plate, as it is much easier for her to negotiate. This was done with no fuss and very quickly, meaning her food was still nice and hot. I always find it curious how many restaurants struggle with this request! The service was attentive and friendly, without being intrusive.
Pudding menu was quite limited, but coffee was good.

My only criticism was that the place was freezing when we arrived (about 4.15pm). It seemed to have heated up slightly by the time we left, but I would still not have described it as warm by any means.

• Visited June 2014