“Great Food”

Ranked #23 of 83 Restaurants in Newtownards
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: We provide quality food and drinks at great value, in clean, comfortable surroundings from 8:00am to 11:00 pm Sunday to Wednesday, 8:00am to midnight on Thursday and 8:00am through until 1:00am Friday and Saturday, served by great staff.
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast full fry here today. Excellent food at wonderful price served by very pleasant young lady. I'm fairly regular patron here but seldom for food. Will call again. Only negative was mushrooms option seems to mean one mushroom of average size.

Krystal S, General Manager at The Spirit Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review.
It’s so nice to hear our food has pleased you, we hope that you will give our menu another look over in the near future.
It’s also great to hear that our staff have been treating you well too.
I will pass on your comments regarding the mushrooms, hopefully next tine they will be a bit more substantial!

We look forward to another visit soon

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Called in with friends on a Friday evening when football was on T.V. Despite the crowd our food was served quickly and was enjoyed by all. Shocked at being able to buy 3 pints of beer and receive change from a fiver!

Krystal S, Manager at The Spirit Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks for the amazing review.
Glad to hear that the guys were efficient as usual and you were pleased with the service provided.
We offer a vast range of great value products. It would Be great to see you return to enjoy more.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

My Dad and I came to Newtownards for a few days to search records for our ancestors. He had made a recon trip in the fall and raved about Wetherspoons, so we came for some meals and drinks.
The gluten-free breakfast I had was delicious, and was my first "Irish breakfast" experience. I prefer brewed coffee with my breakfast but we made do with Americano and milk.
It was busy some dinnertimes, but the lamb curry I had was delicious. I had nachos once but they just had cheese on them. The method of ordering and paying at the bar isn't something I'm used to but we figured it out, and we noticed that seems to mean that the tables aren't cleaned. It was nice enough while we were there that we got to try the beer garden.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us some great feedback.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Well done to all staff who ran in Belfast Marathon in support of CLIC Sergeant. Sore legs etc but we'll done.

Krystal S, Manager at The Spirit Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us!
The guys did so well running the Belfast marathon! We are looking forward to many more fund raising events this year!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We sometimes stop for lunch on a Sat or Sunday as it reasonable price for what you get. Today we called in for a late lunch, wish we hadn't bothered. First of all we were told to move due to new licencing laws. We weren't shown to a new table but just sent in a general direction. We seat ourselves in an area where there was other family's only to be told to move again to an area supposed for families, but most tables were couples. Then when I went to order, I mentioned to the? Floor manager who had moved us, that perhaps he could ensure that the family area was available for families rather than allowing anyone to sit there. I can only describe his response as nothing more that a grunt, no apology. When my husbands meal came his Wiltshire ham was freezing like it had just come out of the fridge and the hard eggs I had requested were runny. Very disappointed in both service and attitude.

Krystal S, Manager at The Spirit Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate both the negative as well as positive reviews as it means we can use the information to better the service we offer our customers.
I would like to apologise for the fact that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
The issue with the designated family area is something that we are fully aware of as we have taken on board the views and opinions of other customers regarding this. Unfortunately, it is something we have had very little control over. As explained at the time of your visit this is due to licensing restrictions in Northern Ireland, something we legally must comply with. We have put signage up so that customer can seat themselves in the appropriate areas, rather than having to be disturbed and moved. We have also reviewed our seating arrangements in the hope that those who do not have families can find somewhere comfortable to sit. We have also attempted to reserved the family area for those with minors with them.
With regards to the quality of your food, I can only apologise for it not meeting your expectations. I hope that you return and let us prove we can do better. The ham is served cold with that particular meal, but if requested it would be no problem at all to heat it for you to suit your requirements.