“Don't think I'd be back more atmosphere in bathroom”

and 1 more site!
Strangford Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newtownards
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Always very quiet far far too big a place for lunch felt like I was waiting on a wedding party !food was overpriced not very little bland just another boring restaurant that needs a miracle to turn it around come on chefs give us something we can't cook at home... yawn sorry.

• Stayed: April 2013
OwnerStrangford, Owner at Strangford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for your custom and for taking the time to leave your comments. I am sorry that we did not come up to your expectations! However, if you have the time to read other comments on Tripadvisor the majority of the comments are very complimentary on all aspects of our business. We do strive to achieve first class, friendly service, excellent food and beverage in clean, pleasant and comfortable surroundings. We do very much value and appreciate all our customers, I do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to welcome you back to LeWinters at the Strangford Arms Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Strangford Arms Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have just returned from our two night stay at this Hotel. The reception staff were most helpful and they gave service with a smile. We checked in quickly and checked out the same way.The bar area is lovely and spacious and the staff very attentive and polite. We had a meal on the two evenings and on both occasions the food was excellent, compliments to the chef. Darren and his staff in the bar were great and we were made to feel very welcome. The music on the Saturday night was loud but did not disturb us at all in fact we enjoyed it. Our room was excellent and very clean no complaints.
The hotel is located a stones throw away from a shopping mall and KFC, you also have a great view of Scrabo Tower.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

On behave of the Partners, Management, and all the Staff I wish to thank you for your custom and for taking the time to post your complimentary comments on all aspects of our business during your Stay. This especially gives our Staff great motivation and encouragement that their hard work,friendly approach and professionalism are recognised and appreciated.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would definitely go back to this hotel again, the rooms very clean and the food was fantastic all the staff very friendly. The only thing my partner complained about was the music from the disco down stairs on a friday and sat night went on a bit till about 1am, but i thought i was not a problem

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
OwnerStrangford, Owner at Strangford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for your custom and for taking the time to post your complimentary comments about the bedrooms, the quality and standard of our cuisine and the friendly manner of our staff, as it gives everyone great encouragement that they are recognised and appreciated. I do apologise for the noise coming from the Entertainment, however we do have bedrooms that are divorced from the Entertainment and please request one of these rooms if you will be visiting us again in the future.
Again, on behalf of the Strangford Arms Hotel thank you for your custom and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The first thing we noticed was how clean the place was, everything was just spotless. Nice up to date furniture and warm. The reception staff on arrival where so friendly and we where checked in within 3 mins, they had everything ready for us. There was no iron in the room and we rang reception and no problem getting us one. The rooms where slightly too warm through the night and we could not open the window as it was too noisy outside. The rooms where compact and did the job. We had a really nice breakfest full english as there was not much choice for continental but it is a small hotel so that was understandable. My only downside to the hotel was the beds, they where not comfy at all, i think at one stage i had a spring in my back !! apart from that i would defo stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
ownerbeechlawn, Owner at Strangford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

On behalf of the Strangford Arms Hotel, I wish to thank you for your custom and taking the time to post your positive and complimentary comments. This gives our Staff great encouragement that they are recognised and appreciated for being helpful and professional in providing a high standard of service.
I am unable to identify the bedroom you stayed in and would be grateful if you could contact reception or email the hotel with the Room number as it will give us the opportunity to replace the mattress. I do apologise for any discomfort this may have caused during your stay and I am sorry that you did not bring this to our attention, as we would have offered an alternative Bedroom immediately. We do strive to achieve first class, friendly service, excellent food and beverage in clean, pleasant and comfortable surroundings and we do very much value and appreciate all our customers and hope to see you again in the near future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have visited here several times over the years and must say this is the worst expeirence I have had and it will be the last. On arrival we were served quite quickly with a round of drinks however it took quite a while for the food to arrive for both the main course and desert I could understand this but there was about three other couples in the lounge eating. When it did it was hot but not a lot of it the garlic chips being of the reheated microwave style and not a lot of chicken. A reasonable variety of meals was on offer. On arrival of the second round of drinks I had to return mine which was a premium lager as it was about a quarter froth I wish I had not because when it reappeared the was even more froth and less lager. For what we received it was as the title said

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your custom and for taking the time to inform me of your dissatisfaction during your last visit to the Strangford Arms Hotel and LeWinters Bistro Bar & Restaurant. I am very disappointed that you feel that after frequenting the Hotel on a number of occasions in the past and I can only assume that the service and standard of cuisine during your previous visits came up to your expectations. I do sincerely apologise for the unsatisfactory service you experienced and if you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves please contact me directly and I will book you a table in the restaurant and ensure that your next visit to the Hotel will be of the highest standard. We do strive to achieve first class, friendly service, excellent food and beverage in clean, pleasant and comfortable surroundings and we do very much value and appreciate all our customers.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Hi
The Northern Ireland Area of the Triumph Sports Six Club held its annual dinner in the Strangford Arms Hotel on 23 February 2013. Some of our members also stayed overnight.
There were forty of us and the service was excellent. The food was very good and there was plenty of it. The arrangements were prefect.

Highly recommended, we would definitely use the Strangford Arms Hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

On behalf of the Partners, Management and Staff of the Strangford Arms Hotel, I wish to thank you for your custom and taking the time to post your positive and complimentary comments. This gives our Staff great encouragement that they are recognised and appreciated for the high standard of Cuisine and Service they provided during your Annual Dinner. We do strive to achieve first class, friendly service, excellent food and beverage in clean, pleasant and comfortable surroundings and we do very much value and appreciate all our customers.

Thank you again for your custom and we hope we will be able to welcome you and your party to the Strangford Arms Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed here recently to attend a family funeral which was hard enough but I was very pleasantly surprised by the standard of rooms for a 3 star hotel. They were very well decorated, my room had good ventilation via a velux window and an excellend bathroom with big bath and shower. The room was certainly better than many 4 star hotels I have stayed in. It was also very quiet despite the ferocoius storm outside!

It is slightly pricey compared to similar hotels in Belfast and indeed elsewhere in the UK. The cooked breakfast was very good although the continental selection was pretty non existent with a few cereals and two warm yoghurts on display! After one day of a cooked breakfast I could have done with something a bit lighter.

Anyway, overall a very high standard maintained in the rooms which made for an extremely comfortable stay . Most of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful, however a few more smiles on the reception desk wouldn't go amiss!

Thank you everyone. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the bar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
ownerbeechlawn, Owner at Strangford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

On behalf of the Strangford Arms Hotel I would like to thank you for your custom and for taking the time to post your complimentary comments about the standard of our Bedroom facilities and for praising our staff. This gives our Staff great encouragement that they are recognised and appreciated for their friendly and professional approach.

We openly encourage constructive criticism throughout all aspects of our business and I can assure you that I will address the issues regarding our Continental selection at breakfast and the comments made about our Receptionists will be dealt with by further in-house training. We do strive to achieve first class, friendly service, excellent food and beverage in clean, pleasant and comfortable surroundings and we do very much value and appreciate all our customers.

We do regularly release extremely good value accommodation offers both internally through our direct on-line booking service on our Website and through on-line booking agents.

Again, many thanks for your custom and we hope to see you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtownards
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Portaferry Hotel
Portaferry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portaferry
The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro

Been to Strangford Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!