I recently visited the hotel and stayed on a Saturday night. I was very impressed with the standard double room. Good size and very clean. The view from the window was a wall, though this didn't annoy me as it is dark early evening anyway. I had a lovely meal in Le Winters. our waiter was a young boy, and was very pleasant. I thought the meal was reasonably priced, the drink is a bit pricey but I expected that. The bar was lively and had a great atmosphere. The whole evening was fantastic, but the next morning was such a disappointment. The breakfast was horrendous. The cooked breakfast was cold, I tried to call the waitress over to see if it was available to even get it heated in the microwave. She just walked past me on two occasions. I ended up having a yoghurt for my breakfast. If I was to stay again I would choose the room only option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strangford Arms Hotel is ideally located in the lively town of Newtownards,15 minutes drive from Belfast city centre, 10 minutes from George Best Belfast City Airport and Bangor town centre. This Victorian listed building has been extensively refurbished to the highest standards and now incorporates 39 luxurious En-suite Bedrooms, Conference & Banqueting Suites and the award winning LeWinters Bistro, Bars & Restaurant. Wireless Internet access WiFi is provided complimentary for all residents and delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Strangford Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strangford Arms Newtownards
- Strangford Arms Hotel Newtownards, Northern Ireland